Coldwater Creek
www.coldwatercreek.com Sandpoint, ID 5000+ Employees

Not the Company it used to be

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

ProsEmployee discount. Had a fantastic manager who cared about her team and gave positive encouragement and praise to create an inviting environment for both the team and most importantly the customers. I learned more about being a great seller because of the manager's positive outlook and her exhibiting the passion she had for her job.

ConsCompany and especially District Manager managed thru intimidation and created a sense of fear for failure to perform. Results and outcome far outweighed respect for the employee. The customer focus became centered around Rewards, Credit Cards and personal style appointments instead of relying on the excellent customer service provided to draw customers back into the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne of a businesses biggest asset is it's people. Ensure they are being treated with respect from all levels, yes this means The President & VP when issuing performance warnings for missing steps in the process of offering your credit cards and the district manager when interacting with the store teams. It is sad when your fellow employees express your same feelings that they do not care to be in the store when the DM visits because they are left feeling inferior because only the negatives of their job performance are being pointed out.

Overworked for pay

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at Coldwater Creek part-time for less than a year

Pros: Good benefits: Health Care for full-time employee Employee discounts Cons: Constant changes with promotions. Too much work for little progress More workload piles up and less hours to do them Upper management out of touch… Advice to Senior Management: Start listening to your associates and in turn you will find out what they need to help your business succeed. Your top side is very… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Assistant CAD designer

Assistant CAD Designer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Coldwater Creek full-time for less than a year

Pros: the people are very friendly and hard working Cons: very disorganized, a lot of bureaucracy to get things done No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Coldwater Creek.

Worked for Coldwater Creek? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Coldwater Creek reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Coldwater Creek CEO Jill Dean. All reviews posted anonymously by Coldwater Creek employees.