There are newer employer reviews for Coldwater Creek

Not bad but upper management has flaws

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Coldwater Creek part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co workers Flexible hours Constant busy work

Cons

Little pay Cutting hours Quality of clothes on the decline

Advice to Management

When working on floorset, please proofread what you are sending to the stores before you actually send it. There were a lot of mistakes that could have been avoided if the time was taken to proofread. Also, again in regards to floorset please place clothes in a place where you would be able to reach. Realistically speaking, no one wants to have to get a shirt on an overcrowded table, underneath a shelf with a wardrober flush to the table. If your employees are having a hard enough time trying to reach that difficult stack, imagine what it would be like if you were a customer. It is not safe for our customers or your employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Hoping for improvement

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Coldwater Creek part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, caring coworkers,good product generally. The customers are very nice, overall, and it is a good feeling to help someone put together a great style combination, especially when they need it for an event (wedding, interview, etc.). Good management at store level but past that is questionable, especially lately. I was initially drawn to work at CWC for the clothes and customer service. Despite the cons listed, I do like my job and am truly hoping for improvement.

Cons

Too many sales/promos, feels like we are giving the clothes away. Floorsets too frequent now, including having employees hang monstrous banners in high windows, on a tall ladder which is on a platform, downright dangerous! Injuries have resulted. Too much pressure to get credit card application in an anti-credit card era. Employees have to do routine cleaning of bathrooms, windows, walls, floors. In the morning, this means that you have to clean then look fresh for store opening. In the evening, this means you have to vacuum entire store after perfectly folding everything, go home exhausted. Have only had one raise in whole tenure, that was an across the board raise after downsizing staff three or four years ago. Training and especially communication can be very spotty.

Advice to Management

Stick to the brand instead of trying to morph into what is already out there. The big four sales/yr. used to have customers lined up at the door, now they know they can get 40/50% off anytime. Instead of having such high price points, keep it reasonable for the average customer on an ongoing basis, then have a few great sales once in awhile. The jewelry needs a new design team and better manufacturer, quality has gone down but prices up. Most of all, reward and treat well your loyal employees: we should always get a better deal than the customer if you want us to be able to wear the product as free advertising. Happy employees make for better results. I liked the incentive program for jeans, but was turned off by the refusal to give a longtime great sales associate the free pair just because she happened to be on vacation while the new one month employee got a pair. And having a DM come in and demote a lead who stepped up when you needed her and did an awesome job, even helped cover sister stores when they lost a manager, demotivated many of us.

Store Manageer

I have been working at Coldwater Creek (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company cares for its customers

Cons

culture has changed tremdously- towards its employees. Recognition needs to be given when deserved.

Advice to Management

remember what made CWC coldwater creek