There are newer employer reviews for Coldwater Creek

Coldwater NOT a place to work!

Current Employee - Disgruntled Employee in Mineral Wells, WV
Current Employee - Disgruntled Employee in Mineral Wells, WV

I have been working at Coldwater Creek

Pros

Cant come up with anything. Benefits are good although it can take up to 2 yrs to recieve...Lunch ladies are super nice...Always quick to make you smile.

Cons

management shows up to collect there check nothing less nothing more. Reg. employees meanwhile your expected to carry their slack! Its great to know your supervisors can curse another super. in front of the whole department and nothing happens.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work...let your workers fight it out you just sit back and watch it all fall down!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A bad situation.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandpoint, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandpoint, ID

I have been working at Coldwater Creek

Pros

I think the pros have run out.

Cons

The company is in desperate need for leadership and could use a lesson on basic steps in creating an environment where employees feel inspired and empowered or just safe. The swiftness in which a friend, colleague or peer can be let go is staggering.

Advice to Management

Wouldn't know where to start. Maybe that's it, just start over with true credentials.

2. It's Fun Until It Slows Down

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Coldwater Creek

Pros

Amazing discounts Great co-workers and even great managers sometimes Pay rate for similar part time work is above average Non commission so steady pay overall Has kind of a cult following, women who shop there have sometimes shopped CC for 15+ years and it shows Personal touches given, makes for good repeat customers

Cons

Sales can hurt when following trend plans Hours have to be cut to follow trend plans, it's the worst in new stores who don't have a previous year to base scheduling upon (aka my store, 3 months old) Customers only shop the sales and only the best sales as well, and sometimes they try to take advantage of the discounts and coupons (i.e. 30 off 100 dollars or more, they want to 500 dollars worth in 5 transactions with 30 off each) Sales make life tough on employees who have their hours cut to make up for payroll issues When I started they had me working around 30 hours a week. Last week I was cut 3 times, and next week I'm only scheduled 18 hrs, while some managers are working 100+ hr work weeks somehow. Some fellow employees have zero hours scheduled next week, and this is the second week of December! Right before Christmas! Although many employees have other full-time work, I do not, and I am suffering immensely.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more communication between management and staff. You can't just cut hours without giving any explanation and expect it to go off without a hitch. Some of us depend on our jobs to pay the bills. I'm home 4 days this week and a teeny paycheck on the way, despite working my butt off to open this store, and the district people just stroll in and tell us we need to cut hours because the other stores in the area are suffering.