There are newer employer reviews for Coldwell Banker

Best real estate firm in NYC to train, learn, make first mistakes.

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Coldwell Banker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training, support for beginners, resources, atmosphere, locations, advertising; great loyalty of long term employees and management.

Cons

Not entirely professional 24/7. Personalities come into play too frequently.

Advice to Management

Step up the game, move into other boroughs, more new development, more networking and more prospecting for new blood.

Other Employee Reviews for Coldwell Banker

Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Coldwell Banker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent brand recognition, marketing materials, agent and property website, ICSC support, and webinars.

Cons

Must be an experienced agent with an existing stable of clients as there isn't any lead generation. 100% commission.

Excellent Real Estate Brokerage

Pros

Great networking, high quality of peers, good marketing. Coldwell Banker has a fantastic relo program and brand recognition. Within my state all 12 CB locations roll up to one managing broker, as opposed to RE/Max's multiple competing franchises. I have been impressed with how wiling my colleagues are to give me price opinions or other assistance on properties that are outside my normal geographic area of expertise. I have not generally experienced this outside of Coldwell Banker.

Cons

Weak accounting/IT and support, can be very bureaucratic. And I really, really hate the $259 commission (fee) that we have to charge each client or pay ourselves. Lots of nickel and dime action.

Advice to Management

Stay very lean at the top but make sure the offices have the resources they need. Remember that the agents are your revenue centers and it's all about the client service.