Coldwell Banker

www.coldwellbanker.com
There are newer employer reviews for Coldwell Banker

Excellent name recognition - with no follow through

Former Employee - Broker in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Broker in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Coldwell Banker as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Name recognition, a good starting point.

Cons

Where to start? DO NOT WORK HERE. They will charge you fees upfront to get you started under the guise of "training materials" and "technology fees" but will not help you actually practice anything relating to the reason you got your real estate license to begin with. I would rather have actual leads than an iPad. Their so-called training is basically just to be nice to people and listen well - i.e. basic human interaction pointers - and you have to complete ALL of it and pay ALL of your $200+ fees in order to just be able to answer a phone call coming into the office for phone duty. They have a speaker who comes in to give you guidance on believing in yourself while pushing a $700 class. When I politely told them I had chosen to go another direction and go with another firm, they badmouthed that firm and personally attacked the owner. Not exactly professional, but I guess business really is dirty.

They take in new agents who don't know any better, make them do the grunt work they don't feel like doing anymore (like open houses) and pretend like they like you when you come in to meet them but change temperature as soon as you sign the dotted line.

Do NOT let big name real estate firms take your money.

Give us leads instead of iPads.

299 Other Employee Reviews for Coldwell Banker (View Most Recent)

A little behind the times, but overall a good company.

Former Employee - Realtor in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Realtor in Louisville, KY

I worked at Coldwell Banker as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good brand loyalty, decent training opportunities, freedom to grow your business.

Cons

Some aspects of the company seem out-of-date (some of their marketing)

Work to improve marketing, especially in the areas of diversity and younger buyers.

Real Estate Agent

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in New York, NY

I have been working at Coldwell Banker full-time (less than a year)

Pros

International Brand, ongoing training, many office locations in NYC to work out of and a great diversity of experienced professionals. The database of rentals/sales is well maintained.

Cons

Real estate is a tough industry to break into and it can take a long time to create the proper network. Unpaid, no benefits and you pay for your own advertising resources.

There are newer employer reviews for Coldwell Banker