There are newer employer reviews for Coleman

Exciting, sometimes challenging, fun, great place to learn about marketing and product development.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wichita Falls, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

I worked at Coleman

Pros

This was one of the best jobs I had. I always felt like I contributed, and had ideas that were listened to. They always had news ideas on the board and were studying ways to make a great product have a great impact on the consumers. They sell fun stuff so we tried to bring fun to the employees. The yearly product review was always stressful as was the expos, but they all took it in stride with added hours and work. Rarely did I ever hear of people say they weren't recognized for their efforts. Bonuses and other traditional incentives aren't evident, but always another free flashlight, lantern or cooler to give away!

Cons

Performance reviews were very loose. Departments don't work well together. One department may have a great cost savings process change that can't get to happen because another department would not cooperate. Management would let lower management be "stuck in the mud" for change and have their own way and let the change processes be reviewed or considered until things got to be too difficult to handle. Not very proactive, mostly reactive. Feedback? not much on anything.

The work environment is good but the ability to stay up with technology and great ideas of your employees is considered seriously by upper management. Upper management sometimes doesn't know or understand what middle management is doing and progressive change doesn't happen when it should.

32 Other Employee Reviews for Coleman (View Most Recent)

Great company in the midst of exciting change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Coleman

Pros

110 years of history
    Strong brand
    Incredible opportunities given new strategy to grow business

Cons

Some challenges with old thinking

Keep driving the exciting change

Great Company with Huge Growth Potential

Current Employee - Credit Manager  in  Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Credit Manager in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Coleman

Pros

Established, known name, leader in the industry, tremendous growth potential, stable business, owned by a strong parent company, fun atmosphere

Cons

old processes, too many long-term employees and managers who are unwilling to change, IT inefficiencies and lack of leadership in advancing technology.

Coleman has a tremendous future but there are some long-term pre-Jarden leaders and employees holding them back in customer service, accounting and IT.

There are newer employer reviews for Coleman

Worked for Coleman? Contribute to the Community!