Coleman
www.coleman.com Wichita, KS 1000 to 5000 Employees

Exciting, sometimes challenging, fun, great place to learn about marketing and product development.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Wichita Falls, TX

ProsThis was one of the best jobs I had. I always felt like I contributed, and had ideas that were listened to. They always had news ideas on the board and were studying ways to make a great product have a great impact on the consumers. They sell fun stuff so we tried to bring fun to the employees. The yearly product review was always stressful as was the expos, but they all took it in stride with added hours and work. Rarely did I ever hear of people say they weren't recognized for their efforts. Bonuses and other traditional incentives aren't evident, but always another free flashlight, lantern or cooler to give away!

ConsPerformance reviews were very loose. Departments don't work well together. One department may have a great cost savings process change that can't get to happen because another department would not cooperate. Management would let lower management be "stuck in the mud" for change and have their own way and let the change processes be reviewed or considered until things got to be too difficult to handle. Not very proactive, mostly reactive. Feedback? not much on anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe work environment is good but the ability to stay up with technology and great ideas of your employees is considered seriously by upper management. Upper management sometimes doesn't know or understand what middle management is doing and progressive change doesn't happen when it should.

Great company in the midst of exciting change

Wichita, KS

I have been working at Coleman

Pros: 110 years of history Strong brand Incredible opportunities given new strategy to… Cons: Some challenges with old thinking Advice to Senior Management: Keep driving the exciting change Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Company with Huge Growth Potential

Credit Manager (Current Employee)
    Wichita, KS

I have been working at Coleman

Pros: Established, known name, leader in the industry, tremendous growth potential,… Cons: old processes, too many long-term employees and managers who are unwilling… Advice to Senior Management: Coleman has a tremendous future but there are some long-term pre-Jarden… More
There are newer reviews on Coleman.

Worked for Coleman? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Coleman reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Coleman CEO Robert F. Marcovitch. All reviews posted anonymously by Coleman employees.