There are newer employer reviews for Coleman Research

"Patience and hard work"

I have been working at Coleman Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Smart, young people.
- International environment (offices in the US, the UK and Asia).
- Fair compensation scheme (you decide how much you get: hard work is the name of the game).
- Exposure to many different industries + networking opportunities.
- Good work/life balance.
- Flexible/Understanding Middle Management (about holidays, personal situations, workload etc)
- Approachable and friendly Senior Management.

Cons

- Significant differences between departments in terms of salaries and workload.
- The company could make it easier for employees to visit other offices and meet colleagues in other countries.
- Communication issues between departments/offices.
- Tight budgets - in order to be more competitive in the industry, the company should be investing much more in research.
- Fast-paced environment: if you don't like working on tight deadlines this is not for you.
- The company could do better when it comes to "training clients" and showing them how to use expert networks.

Listen to this feedback and act on it. Don't wait until it's too late. Talent is difficult to find these days so when you guys find someone who is valuable, do what you can to make that person feel happy and valued in the company (be proactive about this - don't wait until there's a problem).

26 Other Employee Reviews for Coleman Research (View Most Recent)

Great Experience!

Former Employee - RA, RM
    Former Employee - RA, RM

I worked at Coleman Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

> Solid business concept
    > Good senior management
    > Great benefits
    > Good compensation
    > Friendly colleagues
    > Good work culture
    > Best compliance framework in the industry

There have been a couple of negative reviews of late pertaining to this company and its management. I, however had a positive experience and want to share it, especially with anyone considering a job with CRG.

I worked for CRG for 3 years and found it to be a rewarding experience. At CRG, I learned valuable skills: how to fearlessly approach some of the most senior level executives over the phone (and in person), how to manage projects, work with different personalities, manage expectations, deliver results, work under tight deadlines, perform detail oriented work, as well as how to select, interview, hire and mentor CRG's RA candidates. I did not understand what impact working at CRG would have on my career development. I developed project management skills, people management skills, broad industry expertise on a range of topics and honed soft skills.

CRG recognized my contribution to the business by promoting me, helped me relocate abroad to an unfamiliar country, provided me with support, learning opportunities, management training and helped me stretch myself personally and professionally. I made some great friends at CRG, traveled and cultivated a network of professional industry contacts. I would recommend CRG to potential employees for these reasons.

Cons

> Heightened scrutiny of the financial industry and expert network industry (a trend I support, but not great for business)
    > At times it is difficult to manage workload when resources are tight (same as in any other job)
    > Can be challenging to manage client expectations through Account Management Team

Engage and challenge employees who provide negative feedback to elaborate and to provide constructive suggestions/ creative ideas on ways to improve the status quo with which they are unhappy.

Decent 1-year fresh grad job, not for the long-run

Current Employee - Research Associate
    Current Employee - Research Associate

I have been working at Coleman Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Young energetic team (when morale is high)
    - Good place to learn communication and sales skills
    - Work involves tackling diverse range of projects (geographies & industries)

Cons

- Please read any glowing reviews on this company with a grain of salt. They might be written by HR/management
    - Incompetent management. A lot of mid-managers have a false sense of entitlement and power. A lot of Account Managers (aka client proxies within the company) are condescending, ill-trained, and incompetent (they never really understand their own projects while giving research team useless suggestions).
    - There is very little opportunity for career advancement. Even if you are promoted, you don't get to learn an awful more.
    - Relatively low pay
    - Low morale, high turnover
    - Not really a meritocratic place to work - do well in the company and nobody (of significant influence) will notice you

- Research is the revenue generator of your company, don't treat Research Associates as factory workers/3rd-world citizens.
    - Account Management/Research division is a misguided structure. It creates a false promise for promotion. AMs don't really add value to anyone anyway.
    - Coleman is always positioned as the premium service vendor in the industry and yet that is not reflected in its' employees' compensation.

There are newer employer reviews for Coleman Research

Worked for Coleman Research? Contribute to the Community!