Coles Group
www.coles.com.au Tooronga, Australia 5000+ Employees

Secure employment, safe work environment but limited delivery on training & career progression.

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Adelaide (Australia)

ProsSecurity
Many hours available across 7 day - 12 hour daily trading
Some product knowledge education
Many sites

ConsTraining, education and career progression although promised just isn't delivered. South Australia may be most affected by this due to many, many down grades in higher positions, recruitment & training departments and store openings.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease just make sure you deliver on what you promise. The culture has changed for the better but not quite there yet. Best laid plans at the worker level are not delivered and we loose many experienced and dedicated workers as they are simply taken for granted.

Good environment, yet somewhat time consuming

Fresh Produce Assistant (Current Employee)
    Gold Coast (Australia)

I have been working at Coles Group part-time for less than a year

Pros: Work with great people, maintain a certain level of responsibility,… Cons: Hard to manage work, good grades and a social life. May be… Advice to Senior Management: Less focus on meeting certiain wage budgets, focus more on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It's a job...

Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee)
    Canberra (Australia)

I worked at Coles Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Staff Discount - 5% off at most stores in Coles Group chain Flexible Hours - most stores are open between 6am and midnight, so there are… Cons: Some department and store managers can be oxygen thieves - one of our store managers was caught sexually harassing a female employee, and a department… Advice to Senior Management: Get department and store managers to relax, and ensure that standards are kept high year-round - perhaps ensuring that surprise visits… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Coles Group.

Worked for Coles Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Coles Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Coles Group CEO Ian McLeod. All reviews posted anonymously by Coles Group employees.