Colfax

www.colfaxcorp.com
  www.colfaxcorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Colfax

Colfax is run by the Chairman of the Board, who is one of the Danaher founders, and it also is a ruthless culture.

I worked at Colfax

Pros

good business in certain markets, good global reach

Cons

Operating at the whim of the Chairman who could sell teh company tomorrow and fire you

9 Other Employee Reviews for Colfax (View Most Recent)

N/A

I have been working at Colfax full-time

Pros

Health benefits. 401K average.

Cons

Creating change and thus instability has become part of core values.

Values cannot be handed down on a printed sheet. The leadership needs to put in some extra effort.
    Take some time to introspect and understand the difference between leadership and management.

Talk of employees being important- NOT

Current Employee - Upper Level Technical
    Current Employee - Upper Level Technical

I have been working at Colfax full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Not many, your very average job. Local people (besides managers) i work with are the best!

Cons

I’ve heard lots of talk from executives and managers for the last couple years.
    BIG talk of advancement opportunities & how employees are the biggest asset but I’ve been treated much better by 98% of my previous employers. I’ve been promoted recognized and rewarded by 98% of every smaller company I’ve worked for for more than 25+ years, not here. They really are just a huge company purely out for profit. Advancement is nearly impossible because you only get promoted if you talk the talk and can impress the BIG visitor when introduced. Many people are scared for their jobs so if you do a good job your supervisor either takes credit or is to afraid to tell the big boss someone under him did something great. Have proven they don’t care for people by lying and cheating whenever they can get away with it. Can’t take a day off without pay to spend time with my family even when work is slow because corporate still has to pay my benefits for that day!!! Even when I worked 30 hours overtime the week before to “Help out”..
    Profits are up because we are paying 20% more for medical than last year, do the math, we each pay 100-300 more a month, instant profits…. Taking the next job I find.

Upper management- Stop lying.
    Maybe allow employees rate their managers/company anonymously.
    But then again, they dont listen so why?

There are newer employer reviews for Colfax