Colgate-Palmolive
www.colgate.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Very political environment. Don't get thrown under the bus!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunity to work abroad,
Salary/benefits

ConsThe company claims to be a caring company. It is, if you play the right political games and are in the "in" crowd. Don't complain about anything,or you will be treated as a second class citizen, and you will find yourself at the bottom of the pile when the far and few between promos come around. Company does a good job of bait and switch. Great compensation, but little of anything else UNLESS you are one of the chosen ones. Leaders with the most obnoxious management styles are rewarded. Those who do the right thing are NOT appreciated. Company is extremely risk averse and relies on it's signature brand to keep it going. They are definitely followers rather than leaders. I would not recommend working at Colgate unless you have a kiss ass mentality and enjoy stepping on others to make yourself look good. It was a very disappointing and unrewarding experience. Definitely glad I left.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a serious look at your management. There is some very unethical behavior, and that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. A caring company? That is a joke!

Solid, stable company with good work-life balance.

Category Development Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Colgate-Palmolive

Pros: Diverse culture - truly a global company; excellent work-life balance; great products and opportunity to be a… Cons: Limited opportunites to transfer to other departments unless you are willing… Advice to Senior Management: Offer more promotional and advancement opportunities to employees willing to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

My career at Colgate has been highly rewarding and a positive experience.

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive

Pros: Highly ethical company with a strong compensation package, including benefits. Cons: Requiring a college degree for employees to advance to higher… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Colgate-Palmolive.

Worked for Colgate-Palmolive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Colgate-Palmolive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Colgate-Palmolive CEO Ian M. Cook. All reviews posted anonymously by Colgate-Palmolive employees.