Colgate

Current Contractor - Research Analyst in Piscataway, NJ
Current Contractor - Research Analyst in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Innovative place, growth, salary/benefit/employee discounts are great, summer schedule (get off at 1pm on Fridays during the summer)

Cons

corporate and rigid culture, always sizing down,

Other Employee Reviews for Colgate-Palmolive

1. Intense experience

Current Employee - Business Applications Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Applications Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Colgate has excellent benefits and my personal experience has been one of rewarding professional development opportunities. I was able to complete my MBA during my first 2 years with the company. During a period of downsizing, I was given an opportunity to work in NJ. While it was a long commute, I at least continued to be employed.

Cons

The environment is pretty conservative, never really felt relaxed at work nor comfortable enough to share any problems I'd experience in the course of performing my role.

Advice to Management

I would want to say that an investment in a source of support for the employee as a person would be an added bonus to the great benefits.

It's not the Colgate it used to be

Former Employee - Sales Team Leader in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Team Leader in New York, NY

I worked at Colgate-Palmolive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and still has some great people there. Most of the brands are very well know and the company store is great.

Cons

The way they treat people is very poor and much different from their posted and much talked about values and principles. It's all about the financials vs. caring and developing people. There is no work/life balance and upper management talks about how important but their actions are the complete opposite.

Advice to Management

It needs to be all about the people. Your systems, software and P&L don't mean anything if you don't treat people well. Many people used to go to CP and stay forever even until a few years ago, not anymore. You've turned the company into what you used to poke fun at some of your competitors for.