Colgate-Palmolive
www.colgate.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great Company but as always - room for improvement

New York, NY

ProsTruly multinational company that seriously values international exposure and experience and provides opportunities for short and long term assignments overseas and or across functions. Strong brands with stable financials and proven track record in good and bad economic times. Strong leadership training and development programs at higher levels of the organization.

ConsSlow to adopt flexible ways of working to refelect the needs of today's employees. We do not have formal work from home options and in most cases working from home is still perceived poorly by management. Difficult to rise to senior management positions if you are not open to relocating to different country or region during your career. Slow career progression compared to new economy expectations of early in career folks coming into the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe really need to break out of the archaic midset that a person needs to be in the office to get the work done. We need a way to manage and balance career progression expectations of high potential high performing employees. Our promotions seem to be much slower than I would have expected.

Great Company to work for

Pismo Beach, CA

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive

Pros: Overall the people are very competent at their jobs and work… Cons: Base salaries are low and path to promotions are long.… Advice to Senior Management: Need more programs for employees to become even closer to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good Internship

GSC Intern (Current Employee)
    Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive

Pros: It is a medium size company to work for but has a global focus which keeps work interesting and fresh.… Cons: Not as big as other companies and most people only… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of your younger employees and we love to hear feedback negative… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Colgate-Palmolive.

Worked for Colgate-Palmolive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Colgate-Palmolive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Colgate-Palmolive CEO Ian M. Cook. All reviews posted anonymously by Colgate-Palmolive employees.