Great Company but as always - room for improvement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive

Pros

Truly multinational company that seriously values international exposure and experience and provides opportunities for short and long term assignments overseas and or across functions. Strong brands with stable financials and proven track record in good and bad economic times. Strong leadership training and development programs at higher levels of the organization.

Cons

Slow to adopt flexible ways of working to refelect the needs of today's employees. We do not have formal work from home options and in most cases working from home is still perceived poorly by management. Difficult to rise to senior management positions if you are not open to relocating to different country or region during your career. Slow career progression compared to new economy expectations of early in career folks coming into the business.

Advice to Management

We really need to break out of the archaic midset that a person needs to be in the office to get the work done. We need a way to manage and balance career progression expectations of high potential high performing employees. Our promotions seem to be much slower than I would have expected.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pismo Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pismo Beach, CA

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive

Pros

Overall the people are very competent at their jobs and work environment is friendly. Ability to travel to various locations internationally.

Cons

Base salaries are low and path to promotions are long. Company is a bit conservative for its own good.

Advice to Management

Need more programs for employees to become even closer to the company.

2. Good Internship

Current Employee - GSC Intern in Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - GSC Intern in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive

Pros

It is a medium size company to work for but has a global focus which keeps work interesting and fresh. They have lots of opportunity for advancement and change can happen as fast or slow as you want it to be.

Cons

Not as big as other companies and most people only think Colgate-Palmolive makes toothpaste(which isn't true). Colgate has growth potential.

Advice to Management

Take care of your younger employees and we love to hear feedback negative or positive. That is the way of the youngest generation in the workforce.