Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Colgate-Palmolive

Pros

Management recognizes and promotes strong performers; opportunities for growth and advancement in your career; company store is great!

Cons

Non-management salaries are just OK; workload is not evenly distributed (i.e. some people are out the door at 4:59pm every day, while others constantly work late); there is an unspoken understanding that to progress in the Finance group, you must do an international rotation in a foreign subsidiary.

Continue to recognize and promote strong performers;

Other Reviews for Colgate-Palmolive

Great Company but as always - room for improvement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive

Pros

Truly multinational company that seriously values international exposure and experience and provides opportunities for short and long term assignments overseas and or across functions. Strong brands with stable financials and proven track record in good and bad economic times. Strong leadership training and development programs at higher levels of the organization.

Cons

Slow to adopt flexible ways of working to refelect the needs of today's employees. We do not have formal work from home options and in most cases working from home is still perceived poorly by management. Difficult to rise to senior management positions if you are not open to relocating to different country or region during your career. Slow career progression compared to new economy expectations of early in career folks coming into the business.

We really need to break out of the archaic midset that a person needs to be in the office to get the work done. We need a way to manage and balance career progression expectations of high potential high performing employees. Our promotions seem to be much slower than I would have expected.

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pismo Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pismo Beach, CA

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive

Pros

Overall the people are very competent at their jobs and work environment is friendly. Ability to travel to various locations internationally.

Cons

Base salaries are low and path to promotions are long. Company is a bit conservative for its own good.

Need more programs for employees to become even closer to the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Colgate-Palmolive.

Worked for Colgate-Palmolive? Contribute to the Community!