Colgate-Palmolive

Not Perfect, But Hands Down One of the Best Fortune 500 Companies Remaining

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Colgate-Palmolive

Pros

Great work life balance, great pay, good people, great benefits

Cons

Good ole boy network - have people who can get away with stuff that is crazy and they are not challenged or fired.

Great company - do some light house cleaning and foster innnovation.

278 Other Employee Reviews for Colgate-Palmolive (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Colgate-Palmolive

Pros

Management recognizes and promotes strong performers; opportunities for growth and advancement in your career; company store is great!

Cons

Non-management salaries are just OK; workload is not evenly distributed (i.e. some people are out the door at 4:59pm every day, while others constantly work late); there is an unspoken understanding that to progress in the Finance group, you must do an international rotation in a foreign subsidiary.

Continue to recognize and promote strong performers;

Great Company but as always - room for improvement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive

Pros

Truly multinational company that seriously values international exposure and experience and provides opportunities for short and long term assignments overseas and or across functions. Strong brands with stable financials and proven track record in good and bad economic times. Strong leadership training and development programs at higher levels of the organization.

Cons

Slow to adopt flexible ways of working to refelect the needs of today's employees. We do not have formal work from home options and in most cases working from home is still perceived poorly by management. Difficult to rise to senior management positions if you are not open to relocating to different country or region during your career. Slow career progression compared to new economy expectations of early in career folks coming into the business.

We really need to break out of the archaic midset that a person needs to be in the office to get the work done. We need a way to manage and balance career progression expectations of high potential high performing employees. Our promotions seem to be much slower than I would have expected.

There are newer employer reviews for Colgate-Palmolive