There are newer employer reviews for Collaborative Consulting

Excellent company for those who want to stretch and grow

Current Employee - Architect in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Architect in Boston, MA

I have been working at Collaborative Consulting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Collaborative is a growing company that is made up of some of the strongest technology professionals I have ever worked with. The company puts the utmost value in client satisfaction and has built positive brand recognition in the Boston area. Employees have opportunities to stretch and grow especially if they show initiative and drive. There is a mix of cool projects and good ole fashioned staff aug just like at any consulting company but if you do a good job you will be recognized and have an opportunity to do cool work. Most of the employees are genuinely nice people which combined with the strong skills makes coming to work a lot of fun.

Cons

The company has experienced some growing pains as they moved from 200 to 400 people and beyond. They are working hard to address these but there are certainly challenges. Also, assignments are driven by what is sold just like any other consulting company. This means that no every assignment is a perfect match but they will rotate people out for those that have "paid their dues".

Don't lose the small-company feel as we grow. It's important to keep the Collaborative culture intact. Also, as we grow into new areas and lines of business, don't forget about the businesses that got us here.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Collaborative Consulting (View Most Recent)

Principal - Technical Architect

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Collaborative Consulting full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Collaborative Consulting is a mid-size consulting firm. Over the last number of years Collaborative has experienced a significant growth (revenue and headcount) and with that came additional opportunities for personal growth. Company employees some of the best people in the industry including well established authorities in Integration technologies, Data Management and Performance Engineering. Collaborative works with a good mix of clients that span multiple industries and include Fortune 100 companies as well as start-ups and mid-size companies. In short, smart people, interesting work, opportunities for growth and great culture!

Cons

Company is experiencing dramatic growth and with that comes some challenges. Some of the internal processes that worked well for 200-300 people do not work as well for 400-500 people. However, management is actively working to address these challenges.

Continue to review and streamline internal processes, whenever possible maintain procedures that worked well for as when we were 200 people company (aka. Less bureaucracy)

So far, so good!

Current Employee - Mid-Level Contributor in Wausau, WI
    Current Employee - Mid-Level Contributor in Wausau, WI

I have been working at Collaborative Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My experience working with WI and MA people has been favorable thus far. I've noticed that you can certainly gain additional responsibilities just by putting yourself out there and making yourself available. I work with junior to mid-level people in WI and it's been pretty easy to progress here. There are people who are serious about their paths and then people who are not so serious. I would like to see management remove my coworkers who are not performing and replace them with more experienced and serious individuals.

Cons

I'm not sure where I stand exactly. I've done a variety of things and am told to be patient but it would be helpful to see a more concrete career path.

Communication has been steady but more specifics would be nice. Our quarterly meetings are very helpful because it is full of overall company statistics but it would be nice to see more participation. We would prefer to hear from John P.

There are newer employer reviews for Collaborative Consulting