Good experience with management but the head of tutoring at the time was extremely rude and tried to gossip a lot.

Former Employee - Tutor  in  Wayzata, MN
Former Employee - Tutor in Wayzata, MN

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors

Pros

Fun work environment
Good management
Decent pay for college students
Trustworthy company
Management always would take into account the employees' thoughts and feelings

Cons

Unstable hours
Young employees that like to gossip instead of do their job (sometimes)
Last minute cancellations of sessions

Keep up the good work

Other Reviews for College Nannies and Tutors

Jobseeker beware!

Current Employee - Tutor  in  Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Tutor in Katy, TX

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors

Pros

Families were great. Get to set your own hours. Webtools are available to help you become even better at tutoring.

Cons

This is the most disorganized company I have ever worked for -- everything was last minute all the time and it is often difficult to get a hold of the owner. Often, tutors are stuck speaking with an intermediary who can only pass the message along. And the intermediary's position is like that of a revolving door, no consistency. I have never been paid on time and promises made during the interview are not fulfilled. (Promise A: "We'll find families near you!" <- lie, families were 40+ minutes away. Promise B: "We'll compensate your gas milage!" <- lie, did not happen.) And no compassion was shown when critical weather conditions made keeping appointments next to impossible.

I would strongly encourage/recommend management to take classes on how to properly run a business; as mentioned above the environment is absoltuely chaotic for the employees. There is a severe lack of communication and organization. And finally, it would be a grand improvement if this company/location were to either match-up tutors with families who are within 20mins distance or offer reimbursement for gas milage. It makes no sense/is absolutely detrimental to have to spend nearly the enitre paycheck replacing the gas it takes to reach the families.

Overall, an OK place to work.

Current Employee - Nanny  in  Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Nanny in Katy, TX

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors

Pros

- You meet a lot of families and children.
    - Preparation for children in the future.
    - EXTREMELY flexible schedule.
    - You are your own boss.

Cons

- EXTREMELY far travel distance/time and no gas compensation.
    - Management is always VERY unorganized and does not communicate with one another.
    - I feel with all of the money spent on gas, compensation should be higher.
    - Compensation is the same regardless of number of children. (You get paid the same amount for watching one child, as you do for watching three children.)

Communication between each placement manager would make things much easier. Also, I feel compensation should be higher for the reasons listed above.

There are newer employer reviews for College Nannies and Tutors.

Worked for College Nannies and Tutors? Contribute to the Community!