There are newer employer reviews for College Works Painting

2009 Intern in southern california, Went to CSULB

Former Intern - Branch Manager in Orange, CA
Former Intern - Branch Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at College Works Painting as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

awesome support from RC, great trainings, awesome learning experience, made $15,000, finished the internship a different person. This was the best learning and personal growing experience that i could have asked for in college. I now have an awesome job and telling the story of my experience is pretty cool. I ran an 80,000 paining business when i was 19 years old.

Cons

It takes a lot of time. Keep in mind that this is probably your first time running a business or doing sales. It takes time to get good. You aren't going to be good over night. I went 0 for 15 before i booked my first job. I was pretty upset then but i think that was the biggest learning experience of the internship. I also remember that i was in a bit of a situation with a client, and i asked my RC for help. He told me to 'figure it out'. I was pissed then, but in life, if you get all the answers given to you, you wont learn anything. In hindsight this was the most powerful learning experience. During the school year (spring semester) i put in 20-30 hours a week, during the beginning of summer, it was more so like 70-80 hrs. Come mid july and aug i had more systems in place for my employees, so i wasn't always on the job site.

I think its great. You can't please everyone. In the interview, they are not kidding when they say you will be pushed out of your comfort zone and they tell you upfront how much work/ hours it takes to good.

reviews filtered by

Terribly Shady Company that offloads all the risks on the interns

Former Intern - Branch Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Intern - Branch Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at College Works Painting as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Makes amazing talking points on your resume

Cons

Promised me compensation which they never gave
    Success depends moreso on the area they give you
    They do not give you a lease on any of the materials they expect you to buy

Actually give your employees the compensation you promised

2. Lots of work- but no regrets

Former Employee - Intern In 2010, Then RC in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Intern In 2010, Then RC in Sacramento, CA

I worked at College Works Painting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The support from my RC and my VP was awesome. I had a good relationship with them and they were with me every step of the way to help with all the skill building, developing good habits, and helping me become a problem solver which has now made me a strong leader and super independent. Some of my closest friends are people I have met through the program and has given me networking opportunities now that I am on the job hunt and graduating this semester. I also liked the fact that I work on my own time, and the sky is the limit for what I wanted to accomplish.

Cons

Time consuming. As an intern I struggled with balance and finding free time. As an RC it was even harder. There was also a lot of driving- I had to rely on my parents to help me out a lot with gas money. I actually made good pay my intern year, but a lot of my friends didn't which was really hard to see.

There are newer employer reviews for College Works Painting