College Works Painting

www.collegeworks.com

2009 Intern in southern california, Went to CSULB

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Orange, CA

Prosawesome support from RC, great trainings, awesome learning experience, made $15,000, finished the internship a different person. This was the best learning and personal growing experience that i could have asked for in college. I now have an awesome job and telling the story of my experience is pretty cool. I ran an 80,000 paining business when i was 19 years old.

ConsIt takes a lot of time. Keep in mind that this is probably your first time running a business or doing sales. It takes time to get good. You aren't going to be good over night. I went 0 for 15 before i booked my first job. I was pretty upset then but i think that was the biggest learning experience of the internship. I also remember that i was in a bit of a situation with a client, and i asked my RC for help. He told me to 'figure it out'. I was pissed then, but in life, if you get all the answers given to you, you wont learn anything. In hindsight this was the most powerful learning experience. During the school year (spring semester) i put in 20-30 hours a week, during the beginning of summer, it was more so like 70-80 hrs. Come mid july and aug i had more systems in place for my employees, so i wasn't always on the job site.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think its great. You can't please everyone. In the interview, they are not kidding when they say you will be pushed out of your comfort zone and they tell you upfront how much work/ hours it takes to good.

Lots of work- but no regrets

Intern In 2010, Then RC (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

I worked at College Works Painting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The support from my RC and my VP was awesome. I had a good relationship with them and they were with me every step of… Cons: Time consuming. As an intern I struggled with balance and finding free time. As an RC it was even harder. There was also a lot… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

An incredible internship opportunity

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Hartford, CT

I worked at College Works Painting as an intern for less than a year

Pros: This internship was easily the most influential work experience of my life thus far. Although it is a lot of hard work, the skills… Cons: It is a lot of hard work. My advice to anyone considering this program would be to not take this position lightly or put… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on College Works Painting.

Worked for College Works Painting? Contribute to the Community!