College Works Painting

Amazing Learning Opportunities

Former Employee - Regional Consultant
Former Employee - Regional Consultant

I worked at College Works Painting as a contractor

Pros

There is so much to learn at CWP. I began as an intern and worked for 2 years as a manager. Throughout my time at the company, I never stopped learning which is why I stayed for 2.5 years. Most of the upper management genuinely cares about the people they work with. My division was like a family to me.

Cons

I spent so much time working. I pretty much worked 24/7. My VP made me feel guilty every time I asked for a day or two to spend with my family. Also, the pay isn't the best. It can be great for some people who have a killer team, but it is extremely difficult to get to that point.

Give the managers a break now and then. It is so easy to get burn out when you work so much and don't feel appreciated

275 Other Employee Reviews for College Works Painting (View Most Recent)

Great experience. Still work for the company!

Current Employee - Intern in Brookings, OR
    Current Employee - Intern in Brookings, OR

I have been working at College Works Painting as an intern (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's rare you'll find an opportunity for a student that's 18 or 19 years old that's given the responsibility of making their own decisions with a business that they get to run. It was an awesome experience and I still work for the company 6 years later as the Marketing Director.

Cons

It's a ton of hard work and you're going to have to make sacrifices. Just like anything else though, anything worth anything is going to be tough.

College Works Painting Response

May 7, 2013Marketing Director

Thanks for the review! Nice to see a review from an Oregonian!

Meh

Former Employee - Painter in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Painter in Madison, WI

I worked at College Works Painting as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Incentive based pay, Great work schedule, decent coworkers and a great way to build networks

Cons

Delay in Pay schedule, management can be spotty in hours because of contract based pay, expect to be short changed

There are newer employer reviews for College Works Painting