College Works Painting

www.collegeworks.com

Amazing experience

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Lynbrook, NY
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Lynbrook, NY

Pros

There are many pros to this internship. You will grow personally doing this internship than you could possibly do anywhere else. Leadership skills will go through the roof. Also the payoff in terms of compensation is extraordinary for a college student. With the right mix of determination and hard work the sky is truly the limit.

Cons

This job can be stressful at times but well worth it.

Keep doing what you are doing. You are providing something rare for college students and it is changing lives.

Other reviews for College Works Painting

OK company but lies through their teeth

Former Employee - Branch Manager  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

I learned so much more from this job than I would in any other as a college freshman. Sadly it was on-the-job baptism-by-fire training. I also significantly improved my customer relations, HR, and management skills. If you are interested in improving in at least two of those areas this company may be good for you.

Cons

My "boss" was much more like a slave master. He came down to teach me how to close a deal once; he claimed it was too far (two hours) to ever come down again and that we could just discuss important things over the phone. As such I felt I wasn't important. I also worked about 70 hours a week and by the end of the summer I earned...$4500. While I did unusually well with my net income I only earned 18% of my total contracts. As such you should be aware that you probably won't make more than 20% so you need to know how much you'll need to sell in paint jobs to earn the amount you want to earn that summer.

Show that you care about each branch manager by training them one-on-one! And when they say that they need help please take them seriously.

Extremely changeling but highly rewarding

Current Employee - Production Manager  in  Ridgewood, NJ
    Current Employee - Production Manager in Ridgewood, NJ

Pros

-Learn every aspect of running a business
    -Learn how to be an entrepreneur
    -Work with people your age and grow relationship
    -Learn how to business team works

Cons

-Time consuming
    -Stressful
    -If you don't have a car, it's very hard. Especially once production starts.

Explain how hiring painters better.

There are newer employer reviews for College Works Painting.

Worked for College Works Painting? Contribute to the Community!