There are newer employer reviews for College Works Painting

Fantastic experience learning how to be an entrepenuer

Current Intern - Branch Manager in Barrington, IL
Current Intern - Branch Manager in Barrington, IL

I have been working at College Works Painting as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

The program had a lot of of positives, it was challenging, motivating and extremely rewarding. The team culture is one of the best parts. Being able to work hard and play hard is a great way to learn how to see the big picture. The District Managers truly care about your experience, and they want to show you success. My DM came with me and showed me success in my business and I am still extremely close to my DM. He pushed me, kept me motivated, helped me when I was down, and made me money. The VP's took interest in my business, they came to my jobsite and helped me grow. After doing the program it spring-boarded me into amazing leadership opportunities both professionally and on campus at the University of Illinois.

Cons

This program is challenging, and you need to be driven to do it. If you want to be average this is not for you. Sometimes it feels like a roller coaster and it's important that you always keep the experience you are getting in mind through the ups and down. It will push you outside your comfort zone. Make sure you are motivated by the experience, and not just money hungry.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Unparalleled internship for Personal Development

Former Intern - Branch Manager in Detroit, MI
    Former Intern - Branch Manager in Detroit, MI

I worked at College Works Painting as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Personal Development that can't be achieved through traditional internships
    Hands on sales and business experience
    Builds professionalism unlike any other opportunity
    Opportunities for compensation based on effort

Cons

Long, hard hours of work required
    Stressful at times to balance social life and work

Advice to Management

Stress the level of commitment needed to complete the internship successfully

2. Experience that will bring you to another level of job eligibility.

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at College Works Painting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

College Works Painting gave me the opportunity to run my own business and after completing the internship I have instantly noticed how my perspective has grown in business and in life. I would recommend this program to any hard working person in any field. You will learn more than you can fathom and have a great time doing it. If you want to make copies, get coffee, and coast through a meaningless internship this is NOT FOR YOU. If you want to gain an experience that will change your life and get some good money in your pocket, get your app filled out five minutes ago! I couldn't speak more highly of an internship.

Cons

It will make you feel like any job you have after college works is not quite as significant or rewarding. I just finished the internship and now am working another job. I feel like I went from being a CEO to being an expendable.

Advice to Management

Try and get into some of the career fairs at universities. I ran into some college pro guys last week trying to steal your thunder.