There are newer employer reviews for College Works Painting

Fantastic experience learning how to be an entrepenuer

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Barrington, IL
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Barrington, IL

I have been working at College Works Painting as an intern for more than a year

Pros

The program had a lot of of positives, it was challenging, motivating and extremely rewarding. The team culture is one of the best parts. Being able to work hard and play hard is a great way to learn how to see the big picture. The District Managers truly care about your experience, and they want to show you success. My DM came with me and showed me success in my business and I am still extremely close to my DM. He pushed me, kept me motivated, helped me when I was down, and made me money. The VP's took interest in my business, they came to my jobsite and helped me grow. After doing the program it spring-boarded me into amazing leadership opportunities both professionally and on campus at the University of Illinois.

Cons

This program is challenging, and you need to be driven to do it. If you want to be average this is not for you. Sometimes it feels like a roller coaster and it's important that you always keep the experience you are getting in mind through the ups and down. It will push you outside your comfort zone. Make sure you are motivated by the experience, and not just money hungry.

257 Other Employee Reviews for College Works Painting (View Most Recent)

My College Works Experience

Current Employee - General Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - General Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at College Works Painting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Find out what your made of.
    Run a business to learn what a real startup is like
    Build great relationships
    Build your resume

Cons

Work harder than you most likely ever have.
    High stress some days

Hardest thing you've ever done, but also the most rewarding.

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Santa Cruz, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at College Works Painting as an intern for less than a year

Pros

College Works Painting provides experience that is necessary in the real world. There are several skills that interns gain that apply to several different fields and several different situations like communication, building relationships, and time management. It is definitely the hardest thing I had done at that point, but also what gave me the most value. I know that by having the internship and all of the things I accomplished within the internship on my resume, I will be able to stand out from most college students. Who can say that they ran their own business during their first year in college?

Cons

There are no downsides to working with College Works Painting besides being stressed from time to time, but that depends on the intern and how they are able to balance things in their lives.

Some advice for the management is to give more training once going out to the field. Also, provide a little more in depth instructions to budgeting jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for College Works Painting

Worked for College Works Painting? Contribute to the Community!