College of the Desert
www.collegeofthedesert.edu Palm Desert, CA

Good job to have while attending school

Tutor (Former Employee)
Palm Desert, CA

I worked at College of the Desert

ProsFlexibility in hours, which is perfect as you can squeeze work in between classes or before/after (your preference really). Pretty straightforward job if your able to communicate your knowledge of the subject well and have patience.

ConsDepending on when you worked (I worked evenings) it would be empty at the campus resource center. Sometimes students who were just plain lazy would show up (how did you graduate high school?!) and expect you to basically write their papers for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement more training sessions for the tutors, offer a certification that is recognized statewide after taking the tutor training class would be great.

Unfulfilling

Administrative (Former Employee)
Palm Desert, CA

I worked at College of the Desert part-time for more than a year

Pros: Great to be around enthusiastic youth Cons: The culture of cod is creating an entitlement attitude among… Advice to Senior Management: Make students more accountable Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on College of the Desert.

Worked for College of the Desert? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at College of the Desert reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by College of the Desert employees.