There are newer employer reviews for CollegeAmerica

Loved managing & coaching teams.

Current Employee - Admissions in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Admissions in Denver, CO

I have been working at CollegeAmerica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved the student life cycle at California College San Diego and managing & coaching team members. The work environment was extremely friendly and everyone who worked there loved it just as much as I did.

Cons

Not a very huge campus.

reviews filtered by
  1. Nice College

Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CollegeAmerica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Class structure is nice and makes it easy to manage teaching load. Students are mostly non-traditional.

Cons

Far away from my home

2. Talk, Talk all Talk.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CollegeAmerica

Pros

Flexible schedule, if you are flexible. Good if you are just looking to fill in a few hundred bucks a month part time,

Cons

Very low pay, the schedules are figured out a week a head of time instead of a month like they could be if done properly. Lots of talk about possibly increase in classes or schedule or new opportunities but nothing happens. Students are far below par for a "college" and they want you to teach to their level not at a college level. Everyone will pass and move to the next very expensive course. Management makes bank everyone else is poor including students. Seems like everyone gets fired at some point, instructors, administrators even school directors. Wow...

Check out some of the other well established for profit school, see what they are paying their well educated instructors. Make more permanent positions for instructors not just "management".

There are newer employer reviews for CollegeAmerica