CollegeSpring

www.collegespring.org
There are newer employer reviews for CollegeSpring

Challenging, but enriching summer

I worked at CollegeSpring

Pros

Fun work environment. The training was great, and we were provided with plenty of support from immediate supervisors and the area staff. I felt like I was helping to make a difference in the larger systemic problem.

Cons

Limited hours. Experience depends on placement and coworkers, and it can sometimes be hard working with other undergraduate students.

5 Other Employee Reviews for CollegeSpring (View Most Recent)

Disorganized, but mostly positive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CollegeSpring part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people you meet and work with are great. Everyone is very nice. They have a pretty standardized proceeding of hiring mentors. The compensation was definitely reasonable and they are good about getting it to you on time.

Cons

Because there is so much turnover, the middle management is not very effective at what they do. There are constantly new people learning how to supervise the mentors and recruitment process.

Overall, positive.

Former Employee - Mentor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Mentor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CollegeSpring part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Did a great job training all the mentors, and there was plenty of support from the staff. Good work environment, and usually hires people that are enjoyable to work with.

Cons

Your experience greatly depends on the site you are placed at and the kids you are assigned. The school I was placed at did a really poor job of getting kids to attend the sessions so I didn't feel like I made as much impact as I would have liked.

I would recommend forming stronger partnerships with the schools in order to help with issues such as attendance.

There are newer employer reviews for CollegeSpring