Collin County Community College

There are newer employer reviews for Collin County Community College

LOVE IT!

Current Employee - Associate Professor in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Associate Professor in Plano, TX

I have been working at Collin County Community College part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and terrific environment

Cons

Distance from home is the only negative

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive collaboration

reviews filtered by

A Game of Chance

Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty
    Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty

I have been working at Collin County Community College part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meet and work with wonderful people. Decent experience for those wishing to try college teaching. For the most part, given what you need for teaching. Computers and printing readily available.

Cons

Administration lives in its own world. Employees (faculty) matter little. Increased micromanagement. Can't photocopy without the Dean's signature. If you're not a work, even for a humane excuse (sick/funeral) or uncontrollable excuse (closed due to weather), you don't get paid. Low pay, no health coverage. Little chance of full time work unless you play the political game.

Advice to Management

You might want input from the professionals who are experienced and better educated.

Racist Conservative Christian views

Former Employee - Human Resources Administrative in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources Administrative in Plano, TX

I worked at Collin County Community College full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None. I liked maybe 2 people I worked with.

Cons

I worked in the HR department, I would receive complaints, mostly from minority students, how the staff/professors would treat them. They were quick to call the campus police on them for basically doing nothing. I would see so many of them be suspended and charged criminally for just trying to get an education. The HR high ups would cover up for the teacher/faculty in favor of whatever came out of their mouths. They treated blacks and hispanics the worst. Very quick to suspend them. I felt very sorry for them. It was like working at Aushwitz.

Advice to Management

It is 2013. This is America. Treat everyone with respect. Just because a student isn't white it doesn't give you the right to expel them or not listen to their side of the story.

There are newer employer reviews for Collin County Community College