Collins Consulting

www.colcon.com

Avoid.

Recruiter (Former Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsThere are indeed some very smart, hardworking people here, including in management. Major clients on the list, and an okay place to enter recruitment. Upper management actually does listen to employees.

ConsZero mobility. Very low salaries with no chance of a raise. Constant threats of termination for not meeting unattainable metrics based on some very strange ideas about the recruiting lifecycle - they monitor your talk time, outbound calls, and yes, even bathroom breaks. Almost no actual training. Absurdly process-oriented workflows.

A lot of promises were made when I interviewed that never panned out, like comprehensive training and the possibility to work from home. To be fair, they never promised an eventual pay increase, which is wise because nobody ever gets one.

Polite disagreement with middle management nets you a screaming fit in a public area of the building and subsequent vilification.

They also changed the commission structure earlier this year so that in theory it's possible to do quite well on a placement, but in practice (volume recruiting) pretty tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your people. Give them raises when they manage to succeed despite the various levels of bureaucracy required to even get a submittal out the door. Middle management should not be allowed to mistreat recruiters - it may be a family business but a certain level of professional courtesy should still apply. Give account management some autonomy and client ownership - they know what they're doing. If you want to micromanage your people, it follows that you are accountable for their failures as well as their successes.

Not satisfied

Recruiter (Current Employee) Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Collins Consulting

Pros: It’s close to the mall and to the interstate. One good… Cons: First of all, three Recruiters are crammed into each office, and these offices are tiny! You are not allowed to print a job description. Anything… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate with your employees. Have a meeting to tell us… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

collins consulting

Recruiter (Former Employee) Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Collins Consulting

Pros: Nice location. There are some very bright and hard-working people… Cons: This is a very small company, and there is no room for professional growth. Management does not respect employees, and they never communicate clearly with… Advice to Senior Management: Please listen to the concerns of your employees when they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Collins Consulting.

Worked for Collins Consulting? Contribute to the Community!