Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

www.coloniallife.com
  www.coloniallife.com
There are newer employer reviews for Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

I have been with Colonial life for over two years and it has been a wonderful experience.

Current Employee - ADM in Mobile, AL
Current Employee - ADM in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Pros

The first year in this business you recieve tier hits (which are accounts). Each tier means bonus money. I can open a 10 to fifteen employee business and make similar to a larger account because of the tier structure. Our manager in the Mobile district is amazing to work with. He goes above and beyond to help all of his agents.

Cons

Its a 1099 position so there are not any benefits

105 Other Employee Reviews for Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (View Most Recent)

Current Employee - Agency Development Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Agency Development Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Pros

This is a 1099 position so it is what you make of it. A lot of recruiting required and a lot of cold calling. You can make some money but it is not easy.

Cons

Commission only is a tough way to start new folks off. I would do some sort of draw system starting off.

Benefits are needed to get this job off of the ground. Need health insurance and life insurance

Great culture - limited opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Pros

Colonial Life has developed a great culture providing a 'community' feeling. Employees are friendly and generally satisfied. The company has a great program to keep involved in the local community and even provides employees time to volunteer 'on the clock'. Ceremonies are frequent and for those eligible, awards are given to reward outstanding customer service.
    The benefits package is great and salary seems to be average.

Cons

While training opportunities are offered, there is not much room for upward mobility. Unless you are a part of the 'good old boy network' or are fresh out of college, you are easily overlooked. Management and Senior Leaders look at employees as worker bees. It's better to be seen and not heard.

Pay more attention to what is going on under your nose instead of trying to impress each other.

There are newer employer reviews for Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.