Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

www.coloniallife.com
Engaged Employer

Very Good Comp Program

Current Employee - Agency Development Manager in Fresno, CA
Current Employee - Agency Development Manager in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tier hits and bonus structure for your first year.

Cons

Recruiting people , and building your business

Advice to Management

Love the management team!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good company with lots of potential

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wide variety of products. Good online training.

Cons

Managerial support lacking. I set up several appointments with clients and I needed help with the first few presentations but the support never came. I was left at the clients facility looking for the my manager to show up. The appointments did not go well. I've trained many people during my career and throwing your employees out there with no support is not a good path to success.

Advice to Management

Time should be invested on the front end. A manager should do at least a couple presentations with a new employee before allowing them to represent their company on their own.

Colonial Life Equals Agent Loss

Former Contractor - Insurance Agent in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Contractor - Insurance Agent in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Medical Bridge, their only edge

Cons

No support, Corporate lost clients for me time and again, no manager took control on their authorized end to resolve issues a task the average agent is not able to do. There was an arrogance on the part of some managers who forgot the fact, an agent is an independent contractor, not their employee and demands like, 'lunch and learns', paid for on a budding agent's dime, were bad ideas. Commission structure was very poorly designed and issues between agents resulted due to this. Prices are not competitive despite, Colonial does not advertise!! It is the agent that does this job for Colonial Life free. If an agent fails at making a living, Colonial Life has made their point, free advertising. The only agents who succeed I have seen, are those with broker relationships. The brokers give them the clients/business. My advice to the part timer? DO NOT GO TO COLONIAL LIFE, you are just the free advertising tool they need, and there is no, 'thanks', after all is said and done. Also, keep in mind, look at numbers. The west does not see the value in voluntary benefits. Check saturation of these before you commit. Today's economy, people drop these like a hot potato, and those commissions you had? You now owe! .

Advice to Management

Remember, Agents, are not your employees. Independent Contractors. Do your part to get the business closed. If you are going through agents like water, (In 4 years I witnessed DOZENS!) Then look in the mirror.