Colonial Life & Accident
www.coloniallife.com Columbia, SC 500 to 999 Employees

Supporting good employees is a last priority

I have been working at Colonial Life & Accident

ProsThe company has many wonderful employees and contracted agents. You will form relationships that will last a lifetime with many people in this company. There are senior managers who care and are accessible. The longevity of some of the employees is a real draw for good employees.

ConsNo matter how hard you work or how many people think you are a top-notch employee, the company will get rid of you in a heartbeat and without notice. The company states that family and employees are first, but their actions show differently. Individuals and families have been financially devasted by the unfair tactics used to squeeze employees out of their positions and this can be done on the advise of one person in power.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink longer and harder before devasting employees and their families with the loss of their jobs. There is always a better way to handle the situation with an employee who has proven their value to the company.

Colonial has a lot of empty promises.

Benefit Counselor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Colonial Life & Accident

Pros: There name is not AFLAC! Cons: The company expects you to grow with no income. If I asked you to open a store and the bank wont give you money for… Advice to Senior Management: Get off your duffs and open new account and not reopening dead accounts.Those account are dead because they dont… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

My views of Colonial

I have been working at Colonial Life & Accident

Pros: Great job for those of us hwo are very sales driven, and enjoy the ability to work from your home office if you desire. Sales… Cons: You are only as good as your last number, if you do not… Advice to Senior Management: Understanding a said markets strength is really important. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Colonial Life & Accident.

Worked for Colonial Life & Accident? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Colonial Life & Accident reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Colonial Life & Accident CEO Randy Horn. All reviews posted anonymously by Colonial Life & Accident employees.