Colonial Properties Trust

www.colonialprop.com
  www.colonialprop.com
There are newer employer reviews for Colonial Properties Trust

Good people to work with.

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Colonial Properties Trust

Pros

Pay is good in comparison with other similar companies.
Great team atmosphere at the properties
Get to meet some nice people.

Cons

Training is faily non-existent. Just take some classes on a computer then go for it.
Upper management does not listen to the underlings at the properties.
Get to meet some really really horeendous people.
Very cliquey.

Listen to your employees on sight whenever there's a problem at the property. We're here every day and can tell you what's really going on better than a spreadsheet can.

32 Other Employee Reviews for Colonial Properties Trust (View Most Recent)

Micromanagement Frustrates Staff & Causes High Turnover!

Current Employee - Leasing Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Leasing Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Colonial Properties Trust

Pros

Easy to Get Foot in the Door For Prop Management
    Employee Discounts on Apartments
    Good Start to Learn the Business
    Access To Online Training via GraceHill

Cons

Low Commission Structure
    Bonus Pay is Below Average For Industry
    Salary is Low compared to hours worked
    Be Prepared to do the jobs of many but no compensation for it!
    Too Many Hours - Employees may work 7- 8 days in a row with no overtime! Workweek starts on Wednesdays to avoid having to pay overtime to staff- Abbusive and Inconsiderate!

This company has an attitude that dates back to the 50s! They refuse to become progressive in their policies and company culture! Making your staff line up in V formation whenever the higher ups come to town is not only a ridiculous dog and pony show, but it dergrades your staff and makes us feel undervalued and disrespected as employees.

Advice to upper management! STOP allowing your RVPs to micromanage the Property Managers. Trust in the abilities of those that you hired to make simple decisions, We are the people that keep occupancy at 96%! We are with the residents and know what they expect from us! Your RVPs are running off great workers! Get a clue by such high turnover within your company! Start taking a look at the RVPs and how they treat your staff!
    Also update your old-fashioned dress policy! Let your staff dress as professional with the times. An entire black suit and white shirt is a uniform! Take a cue from other foward thinking REITS, a well dressed, polished and up to date front line team looks current and attracts new prospects and clients. You will continue to lose great staff if youd on not make some serious changes!

This has been quite a learnibg experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Colonial Properties Trust

Pros

Good industry and good but expensive benefits. Good product and opportunity to learn as much as you want to learn about the business.

Cons

Pay and long hours. Most Weekends you'll work. The music we have to listen to all day can put anyone to sleep! Management does not give us money for the things that would make Colonial a cut above the rest.

Hire more maintenancce (part-time even!) and please do most of the painting by professionals! Listen to us. We hear it all day long. We know what's really going on.

There are newer employer reviews for Colonial Properties Trust