Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
www.history.org Williamsburg, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great Environment., even better people to work with

Tavern Hostess & Bartender (Current Employee)
Williamsburg, VA

I have been working at Colonial Williamsburg Foundation full-time for less than a year

ProsThere is something very special about going to work and stepping back in history. To be constantly reminded about the beginning of our Country. To remember that it took people willing to fight for freedom at no small cost. Shields Tavern is where I work. Management is easy to talk to and will listen to concerns. Pay isn't great but it is probably equal with rest of Food & Beverage industry for Hostess position.

ConsIf you are a service bartender there do not expect to be tipped out by the servers. your flat rate per hour is all you should expect to get. Tavern management is hamstrung by CWF Human Resources. Apparently no matter how bad someone's behavior is to fellow employees and customers you don't get fired. One very unstable employee can drag down the morale of a whole team and you just have to live with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that a bad and unstable employee does NOT have to impact all the other staff members. People sometimes can and should be fired.

Great place for history suffers because of bad management

Historical Interpreter (Current Employee)
Williamsburg, VA

I have been working at Colonial Williamsburg Foundation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good exposure to 18th century history and to the outdoors. Cons: Extremely biased and inept management. Management nonexistent at best and oppressive at worst. No… Advice to Senior Management: Quit. Your ineptitude and bias is too great to overcome. Your shortcomings… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Okay place.

Maintenance (Current Employee)

I have been working at Colonial Williamsburg Foundation part-time

Pros: It is a great setting in which to work. Cons: The pay could be better, and raises are few. More

There are newer reviews on Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.

Worked for Colonial Williamsburg Foundation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Colonial Williamsburg Foundation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Colonial Williamsburg Foundation CEO Colin G. Campbell. All reviews posted anonymously by Colonial Williamsburg Foundation employees.