Colorado Mesa University

It was Pretty Good

Current Employee - Student
Current Employee - Student

I have been working at Colorado Mesa University

Pros

It gave me information that is used in real life, the business department and faculty is great and help a lot.

Cons

I had to pay for the advice that I received at the University. It was a lot of Fun and games

organize better and they will have it. THey need to start gathering career information on their graduates. It would be very helpful

6 Other Employee Reviews for Colorado Mesa University (View Most Recent)

Good place to work!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

I worked at Colorado Mesa University

Pros

I had flexibility and financial assistance to finish my Master's Degree which helped make up for the less than great pay. I had the opportunity to be on committees and voice input. I really enjoyed working with students and my student workers.

Cons

The 2 employee system (state employees vs at will) made the state system employees lazy because they couldn't be fired or reprimanded in any serious way due to the state's red tape. I found I could get more done in 4 hours than they could in a full 8. It was annoying to work with many of them, though not all.

Growing University

Former Employee - Lecturer in Grand Junction, CO
    Former Employee - Lecturer in Grand Junction, CO

I worked at Colorado Mesa University part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love the academic setting. CMU is less formal than some universities. Lots of diversity. Good students.

Cons

The primary con applies to all colleges and universities; Adjunct pay is barely adequate for the work put in and time spent. It is nearly impossible to make ends meet without a 2nd job. This is the expectation, but in this more rural location, there are few additional jobs available, so it is an unreasonable expectation.

Perhaps more respect for adjunct faculty.

There are newer employer reviews for Colorado Mesa University