There are newer employer reviews for Columbia College Chicago

I'm getting paid to work a job I love doing.

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Columbia College Chicago part-time for less than a year

Pros

I was a TA in the Radio Department, where I got to incorporate skills that I want to use in my future career.

Cons

The department should have prepared us better for using the equipment in the classes and get familiar with the set-up.

63 Other Employee Reviews for Columbia College Chicago (View Most Recent)

Five years of crossing fingers for continued employment and no chance of advancement.

Former Employee - Adjunct Facility  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Adjunct Facility in Chicago, IL

I worked at Columbia College Chicago

Pros

The students are great, and most of the teachers are dedicated to their job. The diversity and backgrounds of the entire college community is admirable for an institution of higher learning. Most facilities are plentiful and well maintained.

Cons

The school has grown too quickly, and upper administration has been slow to react to changes in the way the college operates. Because it is primarily driven by tuition dollars, drops in enrollment have severe effects on working and learning conditions. Little long-term planning, outside of buying buildings.

Strive to increase the number of full-time faculty while keeping enrollment levels steady. Making the college a better place to work will improve the experience for students, and actively create a sense of community.

All this limitless creativity comes with some gaps in organizational management.

Current Employee - Director  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Columbia College Chicago

Pros

The student body is dynamic and creative; strong opportunities to try new strategies.

Cons

Leadership can be challenging; promotions are limited.

A more merit-based system might promote stronger allegiance and work quality.

There are newer employer reviews for Columbia College Chicago

Worked for Columbia College Chicago? Contribute to the Community!