Columbia Sportswear
www.columbia.com Portland, OR 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great experience working at Columbia

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Pleasant Prairie, WI

I worked at Columbia Sportswear part-time for more than a year

ProsColumbia offers their employees good pay, a friendly atmosphere and the management believed in abilities of employees and didn't micromanage. They also made efforts to reward employees who did well. Columbia also gives monthly bonuses if sales goals were met, which was great.

ConsThere was a lack of training by management in the stores. Not enough was provided to be able to confidently answer all customer questions without hesitation or having to go back and ask management the proper response.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore in-store training is needed.

Great Company - Great Work-Life Balance

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

I have been working at Columbia Sportswear full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great work life balance, great pay, opportunities for growth, company culture is fantastic, sand volleyball… Cons: Not much for tuition reimbursement (2k a year), flat management… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not a great place to work in I.T. - High turnover and massive Silo environment

Senior Programmer Analysis (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

I have been working at Columbia Sportswear full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The party on the patio during the summer can be fun and lots of activities. The gym, fitness classes and… Cons: The politics in I.T. are madness. The worst teams get the most training and resources but the high performers just get more work and denied… Advice to Senior Management: Replace the upper and middle managers in I.T. and get managers that work well with teams and cross functional teams. Ensure that the Silos… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Columbia Sportswear.

Worked for Columbia Sportswear? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Columbia Sportswear reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Columbia Sportswear CEO Tim Boyle. All reviews posted anonymously by Columbia Sportswear employees.