There are newer employer reviews for Columbia Sportswear

Columbia Sportswear has been a great company to work for!

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor
Current Employee - Floor Supervisor

I have been working at Columbia Sportswear

Pros

Great Management, good direction, employees give lots of feedback and are listened to.

Cons

Lower starting pay then other similar companies

128 Other Employee Reviews for Columbia Sportswear (View Most Recent)

Lots of changes going on, can be peril for some or opportunity for others

I have been working at Columbia Sportswear

Pros

Columbia is forward thinking in many ways and values employee input. There is opportunity for those willing to show initiative. It's not a place where you can expect to thrive if you want to just follow a job description.

Cons

Management doesn't always communicate when changes are occurring. People want to participate in the growth of the company, but when change is mandated without explanation, it creates dissatisfaction among employees.

Be transparent and open about change and the impact of change. There is lots of unknown associated with the changes occurring and people react differently, but many want to know that there is a clear direction that is defined and well articulated.

Its alright for a few months

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Columbia Sportswear

Pros

Management and co-workers were friendly and laid-back, respected one another, team work on projects. Free columbia sportswear merchandise, employee store benefits.

Cons

The management seemed to be all over the place, I kept waiting for them to get their stuff together. Irregular hours, I was assigned a lot more hours then I wanted to work, wages start off at the bottom and I had to wait 9 months to even have the chance to get a raise.

The management needs to get organized, listen to their employees needs, and try not to over work sales staff and supervisors.

There are newer employer reviews for Columbia Sportswear