Columbia Technology Corp

Old School Recruiting

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY
Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Columbia Technology Corp

Pros

-Work with a bunch of great people.
-Strong relationships with top tier clients.
-Ability to work on any job that comes in.

Cons

-Only focused on financial jobs. So when the market dips there is nothing to do.
-Micro-management

Trust that your employees want to work and make money. Don't harass them and watch their every movement.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Columbia Technology Corp (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Columbia Technology Corp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Started working here straight out of school and I've been given the opportunity to learn everything about staffing. The owner of the company and managers entrust their recruiters with a lot of responsibility and give them a lot of freedom to speak to candidates and find their own strengths. Company has a long list of clients, tons of roles to work on, and no restrictions on who can work on which positions. Hard work and commitment are definitely rewarded.

Cons

The environment can be high pressure and fast paced at times, but I never thought of this is a con.

Keep up the great work.

Great Opportunity, Learning a Lot

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Columbia Technology Corp

Pros

A great chance to learn a lot about technical recruiting from the ground up as well as learn about investment banking. I enjoy being part of the tight-knit team of recruiters and felt very welcomed from the minute I walked in. David is a great mentor and so are the other recruiters.

The opportunity here is phenomenal as well simply because of all the groundwork put in previously. The company has a great relationship with nearly every major investment bank in NYC area so there's never any shortage of roles to recruit for.

Cons

It's a challenging environment to get into, but if you keep it up the rewards are absolutely worth it.

Continue to grow and build. It's a great office and a great career opportunity.

There are newer employer reviews for Columbia Technology Corp