Columbia University
www.columbia.edu New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

As a contractor, not many complaints

Research Assistant (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Columbia University as a contractor for more than a year

ProsI had a wonderful boss. My experience is therefore biased because I worked as an independent contractor and I dealt with no too many people- but in general, staff is really nice. Working here looks good on resume. Columbia has also incredible libraries, research facilities, labs, resources such as wood shop, print shop etc. access to the best academic professionals in New York City. Great networking.

ConsToo bureaucratic, which is the usual con of these kinds of institutions

Very satisfying place to work.

Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Columbia University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good Benefits, Advancement Opportunities, Good working culture, tuition remission for… Cons: Salaries are low for NYC standards. Advice to Senior Management: Raise salaries to fit NYC standard of living. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good experience

I have been working at Columbia University

Pros: Great support, good people. The benefits are fantastic. Cons: New York itself is expensive, and the salary is not… More

There are newer reviews on Columbia University.

Worked for Columbia University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Columbia University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Columbia University CEO Lee C. Bollinger. All reviews posted anonymously by Columbia University employees.