There are newer employer reviews for Columbia University

Former software engineer for Columbia University

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in New York, NY
Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Columbia University

Pros

Great Benefits...first class educational atmosphere. Generally good employee-manager rapport. First-class employer training programs. Access to first-rate country-wide ivy league network.

Cons

Elitist attitudes. Managerial misconduct.. Human Resources incompetence and unwillingness to pursue managerial misconduct. Outdated computer hardware and sometimes software. Too much bureaucracy...this is what happens when you have billions of dollars at stake I infer.

More in-depth managerial oversight and review. Sensitivity training with dealing with disadvantaged groups and minorities. Retention and recruitment of more minority management/faculty officer candidates.

552 Other Employee Reviews for Columbia University (View Most Recent)

Columbia University Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Columbia University

Pros

Very motivating work environment. Made for a learning environment which served as a stepping stone for landing a future job.

Cons

Some of the professors are very disconcerting at times and will give you absolutely no time of day. Others will give the world for you so it's basically who you know.

Nothing

It can be better

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Columbia University

Pros

This is a very wonderful place to work in and the benefits are excellent. There are many wonderful people that you will meet that work here.

Cons

This would be a better place to work in if promotions were given based on your work and your educational experience and not based on how nice you are to the boss.

None. Everything is perfect. My feedback is not really going to make any changes in this type of environment. At least that is what I have seen around here.

There are newer employer reviews for Columbia University