Columbus Technologies And Services

Engaged Employer

Disconnected

Former Employee - Contractor in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Contractor in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Columbus has contracts with top companies such as the CDC. The firm is owned by a husband and wife who are very generous and good to employees. Benefits are better than most contracting firms who work with the CDC.

Cons

Since the position is through a contract with the federal government, it's possible that the job will end before the contract is actually up. In other words, there's no job security, no matter how good you are at the job. Local management is absent, showing up only occasionally to chat about mostly non-work related issues. Support staff at main office on California responds slowly to corresondence and request for direction, usually only responding if the owner is copied on the message.

Advice to Management

Have your local manager be more involved and visible to employees at the contract site so they actually feel they are a part of the company. Have support staff (HR and payroll) improve response times to employees. I asked for direction on my benefits when I learned my job was ending, and got a response at 4:30 p.m. on the last day of work - too late to take advantage of benefits that I had already paid for.

Other Employee Reviews for Columbus Technologies And Services

1. This is a good company to work for.

Pros

The current program manager truly cares about employees

Cons

Impersonal because I don't work at the company location.

Advice to Management

Allow PTO to new employees upon first day of employment. It takes a while to accrue vacation as a new employee.

2. Good company with engaged leadership

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Columbus Technologies And Services as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall I had a good experience with the company while working on one of their contracts at CDC. Benefits were decent, management seems to really care about the wellbeing of their employees.

Cons

Not many cons, except for the fact that vacation days are minimal and it takes a long time to earn additional days.