Column Technologies, Inc.

www.columnit.com

Column Technologies is a highly-stressful, clique-filled organization that regularly terminates short-term employees.

Column Technologies - Think Carefully (Current Employee) Downers Grove, IL

ProsColumn Technologies offers their employees hands-on experience with the BMC Software ITSM technology and the ITIL framework. True to their claim, Column makes a concerted effort to train their employees.

ConsI work closely with Column Technologies manangement, and it's a dreadful experience. Our plans change almost by the day, and there's a tremendous amount of wasted time and energy keeping up with the two owners' whims. They are often in conflict, and Column Technologies suffers from their inability to address their differences.

Unfortunately, this lack of civility and respect has become part of Column Technologies' culture. At first, I thought it was limited to upper management, but I now know it regularly takes place - and is tolerated - at all levels. Boorish, inconsiderate behavior is all too often a fact of life at Column Technologies, but it's far easier to think of where I'll work after the job market improves rather than dwell on it.

I've also seen too many cases where employees worked only briefly for Column Technologies before they were laid off. Some may have been unsatisfactory performers, but it's happened so often at Column Technologies than at other employers I've worked for that I can't help but wonder. I've decided it's far better not to ask questions.

Why has Column Technologies had such success? I've concluded there are so few good alternatives to BMC Software's ITSM technology that Column Technologies is in a difficult-to-fail position. I often hear stories about major problems with BMC's implementations and upgrades, so it's likely Column Technologies is a less painful alternative.

I've quietly spoken with others at Column Technologies to see if my experience is unique, and I've learned many are biding their time until the economy improves. In the midst of a terrible downturn, I'm actually thankful to Column Technologies for a reasonably secure position, but I am looking forward to a far healthier, much less stressful work environment. If you have other options, I urge you to select them first.

Short Term

Management Consultant (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Column Technologies, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros: Column Technologies allows to work independently without micromanagement , but will be available to you if you need… Cons: Column Technologies will only share positive news with employees. When negative news has to be shared it will only do so when… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Small company, but full of opportunities. If you are good, your career will grow fast.

Applications Developer (Former Employee) New Delhi (India)

I worked at Column Technologies, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros: Full of Opportunities, Learn a lot of pure development projects… Cons: Not very well recognised company. Mainly recognised in BMC Remedy… Advice to Senior Management: Try to grow in some other technologies also. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Column Technologies, Inc..

Worked for Column Technologies, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!