Column Technologies, Inc.

www.columnit.com
  www.columnit.com
There are newer employer reviews for Column Technologies, Inc.

Column Technologies is a highly-stressful, clique-filled organization that regularly terminates short-term employees.

Current Employee - Column Technologies - Think Carefully in Downers Grove, IL
Current Employee - Column Technologies - Think Carefully in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Column Technologies, Inc.

Pros

Column Technologies offers their employees hands-on experience with the BMC Software ITSM technology and the ITIL framework. True to their claim, Column makes a concerted effort to train their employees.

Cons

I work closely with Column Technologies manangement, and it's a dreadful experience. Our plans change almost by the day, and there's a tremendous amount of wasted time and energy keeping up with the two owners' whims. They are often in conflict, and Column Technologies suffers from their inability to address their differences.

Unfortunately, this lack of civility and respect has become part of Column Technologies' culture. At first, I thought it was limited to upper management, but I now know it regularly takes place - and is tolerated - at all levels. Boorish, inconsiderate behavior is all too often a fact of life at Column Technologies, but it's far easier to think of where I'll work after the job market improves rather than dwell on it.

I've also seen too many cases where employees worked only briefly for Column Technologies before they were laid off. Some may have been unsatisfactory performers, but it's happened so often at Column Technologies than at other employers I've worked for that I can't help but wonder. I've decided it's far better not to ask questions.

Why has Column Technologies had such success? I've concluded there are so few good alternatives to BMC Software's ITSM technology that Column Technologies is in a difficult-to-fail position. I often hear stories about major problems with BMC's implementations and upgrades, so it's likely Column Technologies is a less painful alternative.

I've quietly spoken with others at Column Technologies to see if my experience is unique, and I've learned many are biding their time until the economy improves. In the midst of a terrible downturn, I'm actually thankful to Column Technologies for a reasonably secure position, but I am looking forward to a far healthier, much less stressful work environment. If you have other options, I urge you to select them first.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Column Technologies, Inc. (View Most Recent)

Excellent culture and great experience to work !

I have been working at Column Technologies, Inc.

Pros

Working for the company more than 5 yrs. and I know at least 25+ people working more than 5+ yrs. in Column India ! Largest respected Global BMC partner and Lots of opportunities to learn and has maximum number of end clients in India than any other BMC partner . Very ethical organization and best paymaster in terms of salary/benefits etc. than any other big companies employing BMC manpower. Good benefits like over time, comp offs etc.

Cons

Only Challenge is Company expects good performance and great customer feedback from its employees . I do not see anything wrong since this would be expectation from any other employer.

Keep up the same culture and work ethics !

Hope company can be a little reasonable

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Applications Developer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Column Technologies, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Good People make a Great Company .
    2. Technologies to learn .
    3. Good Pay.

Cons

1. Very Evil VP who sits in US and just burdens his decisions on people.
    2. Worst HR policies .
    3. Worst facilities and travel plans for people who work like mules .
    4. Forces people to sign a 2 year contract and denies giving relieving and experience letter to people who dont.
    5. No respect for people .
    6. Good people cannot survive as everything is totally out of process and are just burdened all the time.

People are people. If you continue to harass people they will take down you with your name and just ruin whatever clients you have in India.Dont force people to sign such a contract and maintain dignity .

There are newer employer reviews for Column Technologies, Inc.