Colwen Hotel Management

www.colwenhotels.com
  www.colwenhotels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Colwen Hotel Management

Not the best experience, not the best franchise hotel company

I worked at Colwen Hotel Management

Pros

Decent looking hotels, Flexible Schedule, Managers were understanding, Guests enjoy the hotels

Cons

-The interview and getting hired process was already weird to start off. Called in for an "interview" to get hired five minutes after talking and after getting hired and working, I saw the exact process done with other candidates too
-Training was not invested enough which can lead to a lower satisfaction rate to associates.
-"Professionalism" is a non existing word to the company. Wearing a suit and tie to work at their hotels is considered overdress
-Communication within the different divisions of the hotel was not the best
-Promotion within the staff seems a little strange (I.e. Being an operations manager after working a year in one position)
-Employee turnover rate is slightly high
-I was not pleased to hear one of my managers talking bad about their competition in terms of the hotel itself and working for the company
-At times, it did not feel like I was working at a hotel. Working at a hotel should feel welcoming and friendly. A lot of times, the staff did not want to make any conversations or even small talk with one another, rather, they were all to themselves.

Colwen Hotel is growing in terms of acquiring more hotels and managing/representing outstanding brands including Marriott, Hilton, and Intercontinental Hotel Group. I wish I was able to understand about Colwen Management as a whole and what they truly believe in as well as their ethics with the company.
Training should really be invested more, especially to those who work part time.
Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring should also be invested more.
Rather than always showing concern with guests, considering internal marketing of showing more care and concern to the staff.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Colwen Hotel Management (View Most Recent)

Rocky road of Colwen Management

I worked at Colwen Hotel Management full-time

Pros

Small company, promote from within, represent decent brands and also some boutique locations, central and very involved owners, hands on hotels

Cons

Sketchy HR practices, constant changes in senior level management and leadership, high turnover, frequent changes to job descriptions and duties

Something About Colwen That People Seem To Overlook

I have been working at Colwen Hotel Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

For the time that I have been working for Colwen Management, I can personally say that there are not many companies out there anymore like this one. Most companies, now-a-days, care only about college education, work history or how well you can blow smoke up their you-know-whats; bit not with Colwen, to them, skills can be learned, knowledge can be acquired, however, personality cannot be, nor can it be faked enough to last a lifetime.

There are many things said about Colwen's interview processes, their basic polices and way of doing things, that are not like other hotel companies and it instantly turns to a con. Not in my eyes it's not. In my eyes, it is a powerful pro, a company that cares about its employees, thinks for the future and gives people a chance to prove their worth, not by showing them a piece of paper, but by interacting, taking action, getting to know them on a personal level.

It is true, however, that if you are not lucky enough to meet Colwen Corporate and their members, you cannot truly enjoy what great things this company has to offer. I have been with Colwen for nearly 6 months now and in that time I have learned more about a company than most would learn in years. I connected with the right people and I've already begun training to be promoted. I am glad that I decided not to pursue a large hotel company to build my career in, and I show it every day I'm here at Colwen.

Cons

If you don't know or meet the right people from the get-go, you have a much harder time getting a foot in the door with corporate (which is by far with the experience and connections).

Promote on skill set and guest service ability, not on length of employment history or age.

There are newer employer reviews for Colwen Hotel Management