Combined Insurance

www.combinedinsurance.com
  www.combinedinsurance.com
There are newer employer reviews for Combined Insurance

Okay but managment is not effective.

Former Employee - Insurance Salesman in Myrtle Beach, SC
Former Employee - Insurance Salesman in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Combined Insurance

Pros

I was sent to Atlanta for 3 weeks to train to become an insurance salesman - compensated. Training to take the insurance test was excellent. Training to sell insurance was great too. Fellow employees are nice. Seems to be good opportunities to move up. Lots of awards and recognition given for hard work. Not a bad place to start a career.

Cons

Cold-calling only! Combine (use to but I don't know if they've changed) refuses to advertise in any other media other than door-to-door. You must be very driven to do cold calling because their "leads" normally did not pan out for me. And the cold calling were in all types of neighborhoods and I was sent to some very poor, very shady neighborhoods. I was not about to go into some of those houses alone.

If you don't meet your quota during training, you will be working long hours. Lots of time away from home (you travel a lot).

My main rant is about the training managers. I had a terrible experience. I went through 2 managers. The first one would not work and had to deal with her own life which effected my ability to meet my quota so I was always working overtime and never achieving anything. The same goes for my second manager. Because they were managers, they didn't really take my training seriously and left me to not meet the standards. And, because they were training me, if I were to get certain insurance customers (such as "cancer" policies), they would take them so that they could receive their reward for meeting their quota - not mine. I never made it out of training before I quit. Mind you I was in training and never even met my first quota even after 2 months.

I think Combined should periodically retrain their managers or send dummy trainees in order to make sure that the training managers are doing their job instead of hanging out at their houses because "they don't feel like working today. Is that cool with you?"

167 Other Employee Reviews for Combined Insurance (View Most Recent)

Great trainging but....

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Glenview, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Glenview, IL

I have been working at Combined Insurance

Pros

Traing is supurb. Management is constantly improving incentive packages. Qualified leads? I need to complete further comparison and study on other companies before I can render an informed conceptualization.

Cons

I wish I could other then those who produce are well compensated and protected. Those who are starting out have to have a strong manager with whom they share and create with. Keep repeating those Stonism's until you weather the storm.

Upgrade systemic and opertional efficiencies rapidly. Audit current work flows and determine when "change management is necessary". Actively concern itself in product management and development so as not to be on the bleeding edge, but in step with the leading edge.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I worked at Combined Insurance

Pros

Good Training
    Ability to set your own schedule
    Potential to make a lot of money
    Company has a good name in the marketplace for the most part.

Cons

Senior management only concerned about themselves
    Company is moving away from their founding principles
    very hard to get a good handle on what your pay is going to be, because of chargebacks and the confusing way it is set up.

Swing back to the founding principles the company was founded on.
    Senior management needs to get more in touch with the their agents in the field.

There are newer employer reviews for Combined Insurance