Combined Insurance
www.combinedinsurance.com Glenview, IL 5000+ Employees

Okay but managment is not effective.

Insurance Salesman (Former Employee)
Myrtle Beach, SC

ProsI was sent to Atlanta for 3 weeks to train to become an insurance salesman - compensated. Training to take the insurance test was excellent. Training to sell insurance was great too. Fellow employees are nice. Seems to be good opportunities to move up. Lots of awards and recognition given for hard work. Not a bad place to start a career.

ConsCold-calling only! Combine (use to but I don't know if they've changed) refuses to advertise in any other media other than door-to-door. You must be very driven to do cold calling because their "leads" normally did not pan out for me. And the cold calling were in all types of neighborhoods and I was sent to some very poor, very shady neighborhoods. I was not about to go into some of those houses alone.

If you don't meet your quota during training, you will be working long hours. Lots of time away from home (you travel a lot).

My main rant is about the training managers. I had a terrible experience. I went through 2 managers. The first one would not work and had to deal with her own life which effected my ability to meet my quota so I was always working overtime and never achieving anything. The same goes for my second manager. Because they were managers, they didn't really take my training seriously and left me to not meet the standards. And, because they were training me, if I were to get certain insurance customers (such as "cancer" policies), they would take them so that they could receive their reward for meeting their quota - not mine. I never made it out of training before I quit. Mind you I was in training and never even met my first quota even after 2 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think Combined should periodically retrain their managers or send dummy trainees in order to make sure that the training managers are doing their job instead of hanging out at their houses because "they don't feel like working today. Is that cool with you?"

Great trainging but....

Sales Agent (Current Employee)
    Glenview, IL

I have been working at Combined Insurance

Pros: Traing is supurb. Management is constantly improving incentive packages. Qualified leads? I need… Cons: I wish I could other then those who produce are well compensated and protected. Those who are starting out have… Advice to Senior Management: Upgrade systemic and opertional efficiencies rapidly. Audit current work flows and determine when "change management is necessary". Actively concern… More

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Boise, ID

I worked at Combined Insurance

Pros: Good Training Ability to set your own schedule Potential to make a lot of… Cons: Senior management only concerned about themselves Company is moving away from their founding principles very hard to get a good handle… Advice to Senior Management: Swing back to the founding principles the company was founded on. Senior management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Combined Insurance.

Worked for Combined Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Combined Insurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Combined Insurance CEO Brad Bennett. All reviews posted anonymously by Combined Insurance employees.