Combined Insurance

Excellent

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  Harrisburg, PA
Current Employee - Territory Manager in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Combined Insurance

Pros

Training, pay is excellent if you are willing to work, senior management is awesome

Cons

Balancing personal and work is difficult and lots of pressure is put on top performers to do more to compensate for those that don't, though the work is rewarded w/ bonus, pay and recognition

Every week shouldn't be a push/incentive week

150 Other Employee Reviews for Combined Insurance (View Most Recent)

good experience

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Chicago, IL

I worked at Combined Insurance

Pros

Good Insurance co. to work.

Cons

Probably too many bosses in the floor

none

Okay but managment is not effective.

Former Employee - Insurance Salesman  in  Myrtle Beach, SC
    Former Employee - Insurance Salesman in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Combined Insurance

Pros

I was sent to Atlanta for 3 weeks to train to become an insurance salesman - compensated. Training to take the insurance test was excellent. Training to sell insurance was great too. Fellow employees are nice. Seems to be good opportunities to move up. Lots of awards and recognition given for hard work. Not a bad place to start a career.

Cons

Cold-calling only! Combine (use to but I don't know if they've changed) refuses to advertise in any other media other than door-to-door. You must be very driven to do cold calling because their "leads" normally did not pan out for me. And the cold calling were in all types of neighborhoods and I was sent to some very poor, very shady neighborhoods. I was not about to go into some of those houses alone.

If you don't meet your quota during training, you will be working long hours. Lots of time away from home (you travel a lot).

My main rant is about the training managers. I had a terrible experience. I went through 2 managers. The first one would not work and had to deal with her own life which effected my ability to meet my quota so I was always working overtime and never achieving anything. The same goes for my second manager. Because they were managers, they didn't really take my training seriously and left me to not meet the standards. And, because they were training me, if I were to get certain insurance customers (such as "cancer" policies), they would take them so that they could receive their reward for meeting their quota - not mine. I never made it out of training before I quit. Mind you I was in training and never even met my first quota even after 2 months.

I think Combined should periodically retrain their managers or send dummy trainees in order to make sure that the training managers are doing their job instead of hanging out at their houses because "they don't feel like working today. Is that cool with you?"

There are newer employer reviews for Combined Insurance

Worked for Combined Insurance? Contribute to the Community!