No room for growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Combined Insurance

Pros

Decent benefits, casual atmosphere, easy to take time off.

Cons

No communication between management and employees, company does not care about employees

reviews filtered by

If you want to be in Insurance Sales, you should try Combined.

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Rochester, NY

I worked at Combined Insurance

Pros

Combined truly believes in their training, they are a company full of a Positive Mental Attitude and they highly encourage enthusiasm.

Combined makes all commissions very clear and helps encourage staff to take advantage of relevant programs and offers that will allow for greater earnings, not just greater sales.

Management is all experienced in your specific position, so they understand your struggles and accomplishments.

Cons

Wrongs or "fuzzy" information about how training would be compensated.

The real biggest concern is if this type of position is for you. Personally direct insurance sales is not for me, but I don't blame Combined in any way. I liked most things about the company, and I would recommend them to somebody looking for this type of position.

I'm glad it's over

Former Employee - District Manager in Bay City, MI
    Former Employee - District Manager in Bay City, MI

I worked at Combined Insurance

Pros

Sales school was pretty beneficial and a lot of the training I received for management was very good. They have good incentives

Cons

The products and high pressure sales tactics and management constantly pushing the numbers wore me out. I have a very strong work ethic and knew a ton of people is how I was successful but pay made it impossible for 95% of agents to even survive. I made as much as a District manager as I was told I'd make as an agent. I stayed as long as I did because I couldn't find a job somewhere else. Their customer satisfaction is low in my opinion. I dealt with customer complaints many times per day.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees and quit deceiving. I didn't participate much in the hiring process because of guilt. Concentrate on quality rather than quantity.