Combined Insurance
www.combinedinsurance.com Glenview, IL 5000+ Employees

Combined was a great proving for me for the insurace industry.

Former Sales Agent and Former Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Newport News, VA

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAs a seasoned independant insurance agent i can say combined insurance companies initial sales training is second to none. They stick to a simple sales pitch for the basic type insurance in their product line for the for the type of clients they market to and thier needs. because of the lead "cards" there is pleanty of potential clients to see but it does take the agent to turn on the car ignition if you know what i mean. The lead cards are not true lead cards as the rest of us out here are concerned in th brokers world but the good thing is its "free" people to see and in this economy free is always good try paying $500.00 to $1500.00 a month just to a face that might buy.

ConsA gerat working oganisation works well when the "LEFT HAND KNOWS WHAT THE RIGHT HAND IS DOING" I am reffering to the sales managers and up. There is a differnce between being busy and being effective. Lets face it with all the meeting and confrence calls if we dont manage our time or prioritise correctly we become worn out being busy buy not efficient thats the reason for being burned out and broke. (high turrnover) why do i know this i was the top sales agent company wide ( U.S. life division 1998) with 465 life and disabiliy polocies sold in the 50 wk contest i had to have my ducks in a row. keep it simple build a solid foundation then you can build a great home you can be proud of and it will last we all want to see the fruit of our labor it just feel good and we do what feels good dont we?

Advice to Senior ManagementLook out im coming bach to a state near you! Balance is the key to health, family, and our finance. Treat other as you would want to be treated. Easy to say but much harder to do consistanly.

Not the experience that I thought I would gain

Sales Agent (Current Employee)
Newburgh, NY

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros: They provide "leads" meaning you can go exploit their customer base, however these people have been over worked to the bone. The whole PMA philosophy… Cons: The income potential here is not what they make it out to be. The base accident policy is only $15.17 so you can imagine that… Advice to Senior Management: Maybe the manager should go out and actually evaluate and train the sales team rather then selling for them and making believe that the person… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

run run as fast as you can!!!!

Sales Agent (Current Employee)
Elmsford, NY

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros: Small tiny salary for three weeks and quick cash peddeling cancer and accident insurance policies to mostly poor,and uneducated blue collar workers like at sanitation… Cons: old customers old face have been so beaten up with sales calls from all the combined insurance agents over the years that when you contact… Advice to Senior Management: get a life!!! stop micro managing offer a better product No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Combined Insurance.

Worked for Combined Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Combined Insurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Combined Insurance CEO Brad Bennett. All reviews posted anonymously by Combined Insurance employees.