Combined Insurance

www.combinedinsurance.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Combined Insurance

Combined was a great proving for me for the insurace industry.

Former Employee - Former Sales Agent and Former Sales Manager in Newport News, VA

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a seasoned independant insurance agent i can say combined insurance companies initial sales training is second to none. They stick to a simple sales pitch for the basic type insurance in their product line for the for the type of clients they market to and thier needs. because of the lead "cards" there is pleanty of potential clients to see but it does take the agent to turn on the car ignition if you know what i mean. The lead cards are not true lead cards as the rest of us out here are concerned in th brokers world but the good thing is its "free" people to see and in this economy free is always good try paying $500.00 to $1500.00 a month just to a face that might buy.

Cons

A gerat working oganisation works well when the "LEFT HAND KNOWS WHAT THE RIGHT HAND IS DOING" I am reffering to the sales managers and up. There is a differnce between being busy and being effective. Lets face it with all the meeting and confrence calls if we dont manage our time or prioritise correctly we become worn out being busy buy not efficient thats the reason for being burned out and broke. (high turrnover) why do i know this i was the top sales agent company wide ( U.S. life division 1998) with 465 life and disabiliy polocies sold in the 50 wk contest i had to have my ducks in a row. keep it simple build a solid foundation then you can build a great home you can be proud of and it will last we all want to see the fruit of our labor it just feel good and we do what feels good dont we?

Look out im coming bach to a state near you! Balance is the key to health, family, and our finance. Treat other as you would want to be treated. Easy to say but much harder to do consistanly.

203 Other Employee Reviews for Combined Insurance (View Most Recent)

run run as fast as you can!!!!

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Elmsford, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Elmsford, NY

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Small tiny salary for three weeks and quick cash peddeling cancer and accident insurance policies to mostly poor,and uneducated blue collar workers like at sanitation departments: most of the public does not have much use for these products. they have a deep client base that they have established over the years so the old face you can quickly hit up and sell them more products to for some fast commision cash!

Cons

old customers old face have been so beaten up with sales calls from all the combined insurance agents over the years that when you contact them they yell at you and hang up the phone or throw you out of their business! for new business it is a lot of door to door sales like aluminum siding sales from the 1950,s The best thing if you want to see what a typical work day is like here go rent the movie Tin Man starring Danny Devito! managers only care about qiuck hit them up daily sales. they micro manage and expect to be called every night before nine pm with sales results. even if there is a hurricane and power black out they still want you to call before nine they are NEUROTIC!! go watch the movie the Crazies there are the distric and territory managers!

get a life!!! stop micro managing offer a better product

STAY AWAY

Current Employee - Sales Agent in East Meadow, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in East Meadow, NY

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Sales training is great if your new to the business.

Cons

Most unprofessional place I ever worked in. If you are in Nassau county NY stay away for a Territory Manager named Charles Blair. This guys is a snake and a blow hard. He thinks he knows everything about the insurance business after having his license for seven months. You can not communicate with him and he is a habitual liar. He talks down to all his agents and is very condescending. He is hated by almost every other territory manager and agent. I have know idea why the company keeps him. Try the Queens or Suffolk office I hear they are much more professional.

Hire mangers with a more professional demeanor. When multiple agents and managers complain about a manger look in to it and correct it. Don't just protect a bad manger because you want more APV.

There are newer employer reviews for Combined Insurance