Combined Insurance

www.combinedinsurance.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Combined Insurance

First time in the Industry. A terrific place to start.

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company over 10 months now and came from a completely different industry. Never in my life did I tell myself or anyone else, "I want a career in sales" let alone as an insurance agent. However, during my time here at Combined I am thankful for those little hinges that swing big doors. I was able to more than triple my income with my previous career in less than a year. The sales model is based on work ethic... if you work, you get paid, no work no pay.

Cons

Different areas of the country operate their markets differently. Much of my success was related to my management team, their willingness to help me out, and put me first. Had they not been willing to do so, I would not have made it in this industry and would not have sold over $50k in my first 13 weeks. However, from experience, not all markets operate that way. Although the company does a GREAT job of initial training, their management training needs a overhaul. I was promoted to management and spent 3 1/2 months fumbling through without any management training whatsoever.

Train your TM's similar to how your train your agents. Ride with them, walk with them, encourage them to be a success. If this is done, I would imagine nothing more than OUTSTANDING results.

205 Other Employee Reviews for Combined Insurance (View Most Recent)

Sales Agent - I'd probably choose a different company to start my sales career

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Create your own hours. Work as much or as little as you want. You must be able and want to work hard in order to make a living in sales.

Cons

The senior management (marketing directors) are extremely unqualified to be managers. Managers are training agents when they are unable to do the work themselves. If you don't have the right trainers, it will make it that much more difficult for a new agent to succeed.

Hire management with up to date management skills. What worked 20 years ago, doesn't work today. Hold managers accountable for training the new agents. Write down what the agent did after every call and work on improving the skills. Hire quality people.

My first experience in the Insurance Industry

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Training for a newbie is excellent.

Cons

Best case scenarios are not the reality. Need to have another income source or savings first year or you could starve.

Tell potential hires the facts, so they can have a back-up plan to pay the bills during bad weeks. It can take time to get regular paychecks.

There are newer employer reviews for Combined Insurance