Combined Insurance

www.combinedinsurance.com
  www.combinedinsurance.com
There are newer employer reviews for Combined Insurance

Good to experience but only toughest can live on it

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent  in  Saint Paul, MN
Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training to get a head start with all useful tic-tac.

Cons

You will need to worked on over advertised people and getting checked by managers literally every single moment.

145 Other Employee Reviews for Combined Insurance (View Most Recent)

Incompetent training

Current Employee - Sales Agent  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Classroom training to get agents to set goals, create 'positive mental attitude". Some form of training is offered, which is basically unheard of nowadays.

Cons

Classroom training on canned sales pitch, ad nauseum. No or very little product knowledge/underwriting training. This blew up when I discovered management did not know limitations of coverage. In short time I was with Combined, a very high percentage of former clients we called on said they cancelled due to claims not being paid.

Divide up training to 1/3 to 1/2 sales, the rest divided up between product knowledge and underwriting.

Combined was a great proving for me for the insurace industry.

Former Employee - Former Sales Agent and Former Sales Manager  in  Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Former Sales Agent and Former Sales Manager in Newport News, VA

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As a seasoned independant insurance agent i can say combined insurance companies initial sales training is second to none. They stick to a simple sales pitch for the basic type insurance in their product line for the for the type of clients they market to and thier needs. because of the lead "cards" there is pleanty of potential clients to see but it does take the agent to turn on the car ignition if you know what i mean. The lead cards are not true lead cards as the rest of us out here are concerned in th brokers world but the good thing is its "free" people to see and in this economy free is always good try paying $500.00 to $1500.00 a month just to a face that might buy.

Cons

A gerat working oganisation works well when the "LEFT HAND KNOWS WHAT THE RIGHT HAND IS DOING" I am reffering to the sales managers and up. There is a differnce between being busy and being effective. Lets face it with all the meeting and confrence calls if we dont manage our time or prioritise correctly we become worn out being busy buy not efficient thats the reason for being burned out and broke. (high turrnover) why do i know this i was the top sales agent company wide ( U.S. life division 1998) with 465 life and disabiliy polocies sold in the 50 wk contest i had to have my ducks in a row. keep it simple build a solid foundation then you can build a great home you can be proud of and it will last we all want to see the fruit of our labor it just feel good and we do what feels good dont we?

Look out im coming bach to a state near you! Balance is the key to health, family, and our finance. Treat other as you would want to be treated. Easy to say but much harder to do consistanly.

There are newer employer reviews for Combined Insurance

Worked for Combined Insurance? Contribute to the Community!