Good

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

The training was excellent, and management was easy to communicate with. I was in control of my destiny.

Cons

This position can consume you if you let it. You must be very good at time management, and have excellent people skills.

Other Employee Reviews for Combined Insurance

So Very Disappointed...UGH!

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training is not the good part...everyone says so, but that's just the fact that they fly you to Chicago and put you in a hotel for 6 days with TDY paid. But the actual training sucked, as I was to discover later on. They do give you all of your materials, including business cards. It's a W2 not 1099, so if you don't want to mess with taxes at all (even if the other job is better), then go for it.

Cons

One of their biggest catch phrases is to "give them a year...we'll give you a career." Well, I can't give them any more of my time or I'd have to hand over my REAR on a silver platter. HONESTLY, if you can sell ice to Eskimos, you will do great. But if being a REAL agent/producer and helping people is what you like to do, then DO NOT work here. Everything will look great at first. You will be so excited to get out there and sell.You get a stipend for the first 3 weeks, then its all commission. Your "lead books" are just orphaned clients that don't even remember that they had a Combined policy, and when you remind them, they want to cancel...NOT upsell! It's all cold calling, which is (thankfully) aimed at small businesses. But with this age of OBAMACARE, people are wanting NECESSARY products, not OPTIONAL ones. I had so many problems with this company it seems unreal...but it was. For your sake and mine, I'll stop here. I was so happy to start my career here, but all I got was a huge letdown.

Advice to Management

For one, make sure your trainers are all teaching the same thing to the same classes. Also, the agents need to learn ALL the products IN THE CLASSROOM, not online. Next, MARKET THE COMPANY. PEOPLE DON'T BUY FROM STRANGERS!!! And treat your agents right. Give them a small salary for a couple of MONTHS, not weeks. They can't sell if they can't feed themselves.

You Determine Your Future

Former Employee - Sales/Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Sales/Manager in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

unlimited income potential, meeting and helping a lot of people, manager generally easy to work with especially if you are a hard worker

Cons

long hours if you want to make good amount of money, must be able to manage rejection, talk to lots of people, excellent training

Advice to Management

can become a manager if you like