Comcast

www.comcast.com

2077 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Very nice

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Very friendly environment, lots of good people who are also very competent.
Flexible timings, work from home.
specially in comcast interactive media group.

Cons

It has lots of unit, so you can't expect the same work environments and competency among all the groups. The visa lawyers and the HR play safe (so, even if you qualify for EB2 category for your GC process, they will keep you in EB3 category, unless you are some manager/director).

Please change the old practices. 10 years back a guy from India/China would have gotten his GC in 5 years (in EB3) category. Now it would take him 15-16 years, Do you expect him to be with you for so long, even if he enjoys working with you.
Get competent lawyers and encourage/push them to do what is best for your employees not the other way (i.e. push employees to make lawyers happy)

Other reviews for Comcast

Great experience working at Comcast

Former Employee - Data Mapper  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Data Mapper in Atlanta, GA

Pros

the team welcomed me with open arms, they made sure I had everything I needed, and the team overall worked great together, like one big family

Cons

the only downside I could see was that they make changes a lot with regards to contract length and budget related issues

I would say keep up the good work and if possible, try to honor one's contract until it is supposed to be up.

My experience was wonderful until a layoff in 2009, I remained for two more years until I resigned in 2011.

Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative  in  Independence, MO
    Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Independence, MO

Pros

Comcast is a wonderful place to work if you're looking for professional development. They have a wonderful tuition reimbursement program that allowed me to get my degree and I learned a lot of new and useful skills.

Cons

It is very easy to get lost in a sea of faces and the corporate culture.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!