Comcast

great

Former Employee - Intern in Saint Paul Park, MN
Former Employee - Intern in Saint Paul Park, MN

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Oversaw a core team of five customer service representatives, and fostered team work by imploring team members to share ideas and suggestions, consequently creating a positive and enjoyable work environment.

Cons

after my internship experience was not able to be hired on a as a full time employee. but got some very good work experience,

More opportunities in the call center environment. make it easy for employees to transfer to different locations nationwide. especially corporate.

2326 Other Employee Reviews for Comcast (View Most Recent)

Hurry up and wait

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Denver, CO

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Interesting large scale programs. Flexible work from home, remote, time shift. Opportunity to work with industry leading vendor/partners. Wide variety of technology.

Cons

Very siloed with multiple teams all doing the same thing and no one talking. Continual hurry and wait with strategy/project du jour. Far too many projects being defined, started, and canceled. Nothing ever seemed to get finished.

Stop playing defense and start making a contribution/innovation. Monopoly cash flows and big bureaucracy lead to big talk and plans and small movement. With the resources of a company this big you should be getting more results.

Worst employer ever.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

The very best thing about comcast was the heavily discounted cable/Internet services. The health benefits weren't bad either. The office was a reasonable distance from my home.

Cons

For such a large company, I find it deplorable that they would allow some employees to sit in system failure for months on end. You come to work to essentially sit at your cubicle for 8 hours and do nothing else. During this time period that you are obviously not on the phone, you can't sell services to anyone, therefor you earn no commission. Also, you can't do overtime for the same reason. I was screwed out of thousands of dollars. And when I found another job, my supervisor decided to reject all my time that I worked. So I missed out on two weeks worth of pay. Also since I was present for the entire quarter, I earned the bonus that was also withheld. Someone needs to get their act together there when it comes to solving system issues. I can understand the occasional glitch, but to be off the phone for 6+ months, unacceptable. I'd never advise anyone to work there. Also, in regards to promotions, I watched one individual who constantly was rude on the phone, disrespectful to fellow employees, including management, get promoted. She would also constantly transfer calls back into the call queue when she didn't feel like doing her job.

Help the people who actually are there to give customers top notch service. Learn how to resolve system issues so great employees don't get pulled off the phone. Promote folks that actually deserve it. And finally, pay me the money I am owed!

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast