Comcast
3.1 of 5 1,675 reviews
www.corporate.comcast.com Philadelphia, PA 5000+ Employees

GREAT BENEFITS, DESCENT PAY, GOOD SALES JOB

Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Rockville, MD

I have been working at Comcast

ProsThe best reason to work for Comcast isn't the glamour it's the AWESOME benefits.I'm talking free cable ( all channels full package), free HIGH SPEED internet, and some of the best medical and dental benefits out there! OH and did I mention STOCK options at a discounted rate! Being a DSR is a love/hate thing. DSR gets company paid blackberry and stipend for car expenses. Plus descent incentive like $500 gift cards and IPADS if you sell on BLITZ days. There's definitively money to be made if you sell and good recognition for it.

ConsLIke I said its a love/hate thing. Working for comcast is just that working for Comcast. Most people have had bad experience with Comcast. If your a Winback Rep your sole purpose is to gain back customers who were once pissed off by Comcast. Lots of customer emotions involved and some problems are just out of your hand like bad connections when Techs do installs. The worst is missed installs and tech just doesn't care and there goes your money out the window. Salary is only 28,000 to start plus commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake away Ramp up and just pay for everything. Let SFU reps work MDU on rainy days or bad weather days. More supervisors per reps to help deal with all the customer headaches.

Good Overall.

CommTech (Former Employee)
Mount Prospect, IL

I worked at Comcast

Pros: They give a chance to young and talanted people which… Cons: Poor communication between departments inside the company. They tend to demand quantity over quality… Advice to Senior Management: One-way communication and unreal imaginatory expectations out of the people the company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company, poorly run

Senior Manager, Marketing (Current Employee)
Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Comcast

Pros: Employee discounts, free cable/Internet/phone service, nice amount of paid time… Cons: Amazing that the company has survived for so long. Senior leadership is all over the place, especially at higher levels. There is very little cohesion… Advice to Senior Management: Figured out what makes sense from a org structure and… More

There are newer reviews on Comcast.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comcast reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Comcast CEO Brian L. Roberts. All reviews posted anonymously by Comcast employees.